Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Motor Unit M4....tab set

Article about: Hello everyone, I wanted some opinions on this tab set of Motor Unit, or Motor Transport Unit M4 of Nordsee. I seen a few pics in the archives, so I think I have a good set on my hands. Of c

Default Motor Unit M4....tab set

Hello everyone,
    I wanted some opinions on this tab set of Motor Unit, or Motor Transport Unit M4 of Nordsee. I seen a few pics in the archives, so I think I have a good set on my hands. Of course UV non-reactive. Even appears to be tunic removed. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Motor Unit M4....tab set   Motor Unit M4....tab set  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Motor Unit M4....tab set
    P
    Many

?

In my opinion, these are not genuine.

?

I think these could be early originals. I like the fact that the embroidery goes through the buckram...

?

I like them. Construction, Buckram and Piping look like seen on other early Tabs. Of course lettering is not like the Standard RZM M Tabs but early Tabs are not all the same.

Default Motor Unit 4

Hello,
    For everyone interested, I could not find the original thread, or, rather can not open the original thread but here was once similar as a thread pertaining to collar tabs, with white piping, pre standardization, of 1934 SS tabs.

A-SS Insignia Set with pre 34 Collar tabs and Shoulderboard

Good detective work Kristian, the images in the thread certainly shed light on the patches posted here. Thank you.

?

Early Buckram:Motor Unit M4....tab setMotor Unit M4....tab set

I do own a few early Tabs and the Buckram on all of them is quite similar and a good match with the shown M tab in this thread.

?

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Good detective work Kristian, the images in the thread certainly shed light on the patches posted here. Thank you.
    Well said, I associate myself with the above. Thank you for the information, Kristian.

Default SA tabs

Hello,
    I took a couple screenshots of some SA paired tabs, notice the embroidery goes right through the buckham. I also find it interesting, that they go through the colored part of the fabric as well, in spots. So I'm guessing, that embroidery technique, during this time period, to be solely up to the individual tailor, before all the standardization. Just a thought.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Motor Unit M4....tab set   Motor Unit M4....tab set  

Motor Unit M4....tab set   Motor Unit M4....tab set  

?

Quote by KristianFerrell View Post
    Hello,
    I took a couple screenshots of some SA paired tabs, notice the embroidery goes right through the buckham. I also find it interesting, that they go through the colored part of the fabric as well, in spots. So I'm guessing, that embroidery technique, during this time period, to be solely up to the individual tailor, before all the standardization. Just a thought.
    Agreed. Arran is far more experienced than I when it comes to this type of insignia and I stand by his opinion. My reasoning for my assessment, and I will admit it was a conflicted one, was influenced primarily by the type of thread used for embroidery as compared to accepted originals of similar early make as well as the overall dimensions of the insignia. I am sure it is the lighting on the photos, but, to my eyes it looks like it isn’t the white thread we observe in other examples. Given the early insignia do have the common theme of a white thread that has, by now, toned with age, in this regard it was a red flag for me. These reminded me more of the NSKK collar insignia as far as dimensions and this, in combination with the embroidery and thread used, gave me pause. It is entirely plausible that these are period pieces and I won’t argue that they are not. I don’t have the level of experience in this area that Arran does. To quote Mr. Delich from the above referenced thread: “Whether the [insignia] are authentic or not, rests with the opinion of the viewer, as they are crude enough to also be considered post-war. However, example[s] like these are known to exist and made during the WW II era. You just have to go by your gut feeling and examine the "possible" age of the item and make an effort to determine what the insignia's original source was...". I jumped in with a gut feeling but this was clearly subjective and lacking in strong supportive evidence. Again, not defending my assessment, just offering some explanation regarding my thought process. The early insignia can be complicated and I hope I haven’t spread any misinformation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast