Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My First Blackie-Der Fuhrer Mantel

Article about: Your 'first' ?? What a stunning item, many congratulations Nick

Default Re: My First Blackie-Der Fuhrer Mantel

My First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelThanks for yours. My photos are always for the use of such persons as yourself, so you are welcome to the image. It was originally Stezelberger's image, actually, but the cap has been mine for a decade. Your coat is from 1939, so it would need, I think, a cap of the era, of which Shea has several. Der Fuehrer came into existence in the SSVT ca 1938/9, that is, after the Anschluss, did it not? Hence, if I were to make a tableau, I would use one of the more easily had later caps. The piece you illustrate may have been a Wachverbaende cap from Oberbayern, but I do not know. I cannot read the name tag. My cap is in the Hayes book.
    The cap you illustrate of mine was made ca. 1934 or so, I think.....I think. It was made in Thueringen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Blackie-Der Fuhrer Mantel
    P
    Many

My First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelThe cap that would fit to your coat would be thus:

This sort of cap was apparently phased in ca. 1936 or 1937 and is marked by its super structure in the crown, rigid, and with much reinforcements of gauze, wire, and cap springs. This variant is the most easy to obtain, but the early caps can be had, too, and they have more poetry in my opinion.

Thanks for your reply Friedrich.I'm sure I will learn more here about black SS Uniforms.

Quote by Francesco View Post
    Thanks for your reply Friedrich.I'm sure I will learn more here about black SS Uniforms.
    Thank you. We all are here to learn and to have a profitable and worthwhile experience, which in the crisis laden 21st century is no small feat. All the more reason as the world crumbles around us, that we remain civilized to each other. Best of luck with your collecting and much good fortune to you in the new year. Wim Saris is also a member here, and has written an informative and interesting book on black SS headwear, which is worth study. The primary source, also, have a lot to tell us, and I have tried to interpret some of them, while others here know far more than do I. I have collected black SS uniforms for more than forty years......forty years.My First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer MantelMy First Blackie-Der Fuhrer Mantel

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This sort of cap was apparently phased in ca. 1936 or 1937 and is marked by its super structure in the crown, rigid, and with much reinforcements of gauze, wire, and cap springs. This variant is the most easy to obtain, but the early caps can be had, too, and they have more poetry in my opinion.
    To be honest,I don't love so much these 1937 caps.They are,generally,tellerform and I really don't like so.
    I will look around if I find a sattelform.I was working at a very nice example on Mike Davis site.A very nice shape and for a good price but the sweetband has been resewn in a small part at the front area.

...when i'll be at your home i'll sit down in front of this tunic at least for an half hour.

Speaking with a great SS collector, ultra specialized in SSVT black items, about circle stamps he gives to me the same opinion: a texile stamp usually put every meter of cloth

There is a species of the Wagner black enlisted cap of make ca. 1938 or so that appears in a very abrupt Sattelform. I have owned two of them in forty odd years, and own one now. They turn up, too, actually. If I can, I will photograph it. I am not put off by fixed sweat bands at all, so long as it was fixed carefully and with skill. Happy hats.

I have collected black SS uniforms for more than forty years......forty years
    there's other to add? Yes. Chapeau.

There is a species of the Wagner black enlisted cap of make ca. 1938 or so that appears in a very abrupt Sattelform. I have owned two of them in forty odd years, and own one now. They turn up, too, actually. If I can, I will photograph it. I am not put off by fixed sweat bands at all, so long as it was fixed carefully and with skill. Happy hats.
    Well,I hope to find something like these species of Wagner
    Here is the for cap for sale on Mike D. site Virtual Grenadier .Isn't very nice?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast