Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My GrandFather German-SS... Prince Eugene/Handschaar Hatwear

Article about: What is the cap headwear for my GrandFather in the German-SS, Sturmann ? He was drafted into the German Waffen SS 7th Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen around 1940. I believe he was tr

Default My GrandFather German-SS... Prince Eugene/Handschaar Hatwear

What is the cap headwear for my GrandFather in the German-SS, Sturmann ?

He was drafted into the German Waffen SS 7th Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen around 1940. I believe he was transferred to the 8th SS Cavalry Division Florian Geyer . Battles: Siege on Moscow, Russia in Fall of 1942 . He was later transferred on September 1, 1944 to the 13th Company "SS" Gebirgsjager Regiment 27 (Croatian No. 1). Unterstellung: 13th Waffen-Mountain Infantry Division of the SS "Handschar" (Croatian No. 1).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My GrandFather German-SS... Prince Eugene/Handschaar Hatwear
    P
    Many

I cant answer your question but thank you for sharing the photo, I assume the boy is your father, what is the pin your grandmother is wearing?

You can get drafted into a volunteer division? Kind of ironic for Germany. But anyway when it comes to WWII German veterans I think all sides were brave soldiers and nobody should be ashamed. I wouldn't mind having a LSSAH veteran grandfather. I'd hold his belongings dearly.

?

He would have worn the same head wear as any other Waffen SS enlisted mountain soldier. Many in the Handschar division wore a fez with SS insignia. A google search provides many images of these units.
    My GrandFather German-SS... Prince Eugene/Handschaar HatwearMy GrandFather German-SS... Prince Eugene/Handschaar HatwearMy GrandFather German-SS... Prince Eugene/Handschaar HatwearMy GrandFather German-SS... Prince Eugene/Handschaar HatwearMy GrandFather German-SS... Prince Eugene/Handschaar HatwearMy GrandFather German-SS... Prince Eugene/Handschaar Hatwear

The WSS moslems was different VS the classical WSS soldiers, ritual, food, ideology...

Half WSS was strangers in WW II !

My GrandMother is wearing a German Police pin without the Wreath....

My GrandFather was not a Muslim. He was Christian and I have read that the Regular German soldiers did not wear the Fez's.

Be careful, the prinz Eugen was created in march 1942.

The fez was worn by all member of Handschar, including German cadre. On the second page of this thread, you will find a picture of Wilfred Kunstmann wearing the field gray fez.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...ouping-1852-2/
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Interesting
    Artur Phleps-Kommander of the P.Eugen SS Div. from 1942

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast