Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

My Hohenstaufen Grouping

Article about: Great group of items & i just love the cuff title

Default Re: My Hohenstaufen Grouping

thanks for showing them and telling the story that goes with them
    Jerry it was my pleasure really. Just like with the pilot set

definitely an awesome story and also great that your friend is still finding extra things to go along with the grouping! What are the documents of Chris? Again, congrats on your lucky find/s
    Bill it's nothing special. They belonged to the uncle of my friend, who was the brother of the SS driver of the general. So far Andreas translated one of them and it was just a communication within the guild. I can post later the translation.
    His uncle was the Reichsinnungsmeister of the Craftsmen's Guild for the Photographers. The highest rank in the guild.
    As a photographer he had taken a lot of photos during the war. My friend said that if he finds them he will give them to me too
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Hohenstaufen Grouping
    P
    Many

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Now since my friend doesn't know anything about militaria and since he doesn't know much about his relatives either, i am very confused and i need some help to sort things out.

The ϟϟ disc it's clearly his father's.
    But what about the other one? It seem's to be a Luftwaffe signals.

I have asked in the appropriate forum and a member given me this info:

3. S.E.K. = 3. Schützen-Ersatz-Kompanie - 3rd Rifle Ersatz Company
    126 - soldier's number

II. Lg. N. Rgt. 11 = II. (Abteilung) Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11 - II. Detachment/ 11th Air District Signal Regiment
    Nr A 498 - blood type "A" and soldier's number
    It's possible the man started out in a Luftwaffe signals unit and transferred to the SS later- that might explain the extremely general nature of the SS disc. Since it was a branch change and not just a unit change, he was issued a new disc and just kept the old one.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

It's possible the man started out in a Luftwaffe signals unit and transferred to the SS later- that might explain the extremely general nature of the SS disc. Since it was a branch change and not just a unit change, he was issued a new disc and just kept the old one.
    Hi Matt, that could be a possibility yes.
    You said that the ss erkennungsmarken is extremely general. Do you have one more detailed to see how it could be?

Amazing Chris,,very amazing. Thats luck.well done.i hope i had a friend to like yours..

Very lucky indeed... Nice items with great story!

Jeff

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post

His uncle was the Reichsinnungsmeister of the Craftsmen's Guild for the Photographers. The highest rank in the guild.
    Not to change the topic here, but I thought I'd share a couple pics of a flag from another Innungs Guild . . . one for the Bakers of Hameln. More information can be found on the Wehrmacht-Awards Forum if you search "1933 Standarte - Bäcker Innung Hameln".

I find the history of these Guilds very interesting . . . and with the help of Wilhelm Saris, the history of this particular flag became all the more fascinating for me.

I really like the Hohenstaufen group . . . and the story behind it all the more . . . and this part of your story - about the Photographers Guild - has inspired me to dig deeper into another part of the Innungs Guilds . . . great stuff - Thanks for sharing!

My Hohenstaufen GroupingMy Hohenstaufen Grouping

Hi guys, i'm glad you liked it
    Wyeth thanks for posting those flags. I find these guilds very interesting too.
    I have received some photos which belong to this group and i will be posting soon.
    Happy new year every one.

I'll chime in with everyone else ... very nice items that you have acquired from your new friend.
    All the best,
    David

Quote by herrgeezer View Post
    I'll chime in with everyone else ... very nice items that you have acquired from your new friend.
    Thanks mate,
    cheers, Chris.

And at last the photos of the group's owner. My friend's father.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Hohenstaufen Grouping   My Hohenstaufen Grouping  

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast