Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My little family...

Article about: Here is one of mine.... I do not know how it is marked and I do not care, either. It is of an earlier date than your cap with the high crown and the Drahteinlage, i.e. the cap spring. This c

Default Re: My little family...

What amazes me the most,I think,is that the Leather in these caps look absolute Mint condition. The visors are mirror smooth and shiny and the bands and sweatbands too are even supple and smooth. Doubtful most museums would even have anything to match these pieces. Superb caps and magnificent preservation. William

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My little family...
    P
    Many

Quote by davejb View Post
    What fantastic collections, these become somewhat hypnotic and in my eyes are beautiful to behold, i know its not PC to drool over something that represented a regime that could be brutal, but these caps arent evil, items of clothing arent evil, equipment and associated items arent evil, its trhe people inside them, who wore them, we as collectors of any type of militaria have nothing to reproach ourselves with, it will always remain the historic and asthetic content that draws me to them and i thank you both for posting such excellent examples most of which i doubt i will ever see close at hand, and its true exponents of this collecting mania like yourselves that give others such a wonderful chance to see these items.

I couldn't agree more Dave

?

Black uniforms (and caps) were seldom worn after the start of the war; those stored away before the transition to grey are typically found in good shape, unlike thier WSS counterparts.

Thanks !

Appeciate

Sudetenland... SS Fuß-Standarte 96 , Brüx , an other annexed country...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little family...   My little family...  

My little family...  

Very nice. thank you. If it is yours, can you kindly show more details of said object?

of course :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little family...   My little family...  

My little family...   My little family...  

Very nice and impressive. The date in the coat makes sense. What might cause a shadow of a doubt is the grey silk or cotton embroidery on the Sta patch, which was phased out by then, but who really knows?
    In any case, very nice piece. The Czech things are always interesting, to be sure. I have a coat like this from Luebeck, I think it is. Secured same in the middle 1970s. A long time ago....
    They are very distinct garments.
    Thanks and congratulations.

PS The Mitteilungsblaetter make plain that Allgem. SS insignia was a chaotic thing, with revisions on an ongoing basis. Pity the beginner collector who must make sense of it all.

Thanks Friedrich,
    saw the same "coton" embroidery on an original "Straßburger" 122 EM Sta. Tab... Unfortunately don't have pics of it... Was the pair, sewn togeher without black /silver torsade => never issued... too bad, at this time was'nt able to buy them...

?

Pascal - Thanks for these fine photos of a rare item.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast