Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My small contribution

Article about: The cap will be left as is. Good decision, I had the same restoration problem before, but your cap is more nice, and your holes not realy important and hidden on the top cap.

Default Re: My small contribution

Very nice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small contribution
    P
    Many

Default Re: BTW, No more styrofoam.:)

Quote by Anders S View Post
    I took this photo yesterday afternoon. (Btw, the mannequinn arrived yesterday.) Now, I won't post this old rag in this thread until it has been restored. (But I think it looks pretty good already.)
    Hi Friends,

My tunic is now almost fully restored into its original condition.
    Only original thread and cloth has been used, and the sewing machine has been an old Pfaff. The tunic is still with the tailor (who I'd like to call Master), however, I expect it home very soon. I will post some more photos of it later. I hope you like it as much as I do.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small contribution   My small contribution  

My small contribution   My small contribution  

My small contribution  
    Attached Images Attached Images My small contribution  My small contribution 

Nice job Anders S.
    I started all over again after nearly 25 years !
    It is also my policy of buying things at the lowest price and the lowest risk.
    So I ended up with the ground dugs and the denazified items.
    Chances to run in to copy's are smaller, and I get to know the details even better, and thise could only upgrade the collection at a next stage.
    Also glad to see that restorations are appreciated by some! No offence ment to those who don't!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

very nice job love it keep up the great work

sjking
    ?

Anders -- my congratulations on a first rate job , a lot of satisfaction when restoring an original WSS tunis with worn WSS insignia ... Untouched items are almost impossible to find . A fantastic representative piece mate
    Im about to restore a 37 SS VT earth gray tunic that only has a Hammerhead eagle attached ...like you im really enjoying trying to search out correct worn insignia....
    Thanks for sharing your project
    Simon

Thank you for your kind words Gents, I'm happy that you like it.

a very nice job Anders, are you a dressmaker ?

Thanks, no, I'm a teacher.

The finished tunic has arrived home. It will always be a restored "put together" tunic but at least I know what I have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small contribution   My small contribution  

My small contribution  

Just Superb....

I love the nature with your ss guy, can you restored your ss cap on the top also ?

Congratulation for your ss hobby and restoration job again.

S.Vestae.

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Just Superb....

I love the nature with your ss guy, can you restored your ss cap on the top also ?

Congratulation for your ss hobby and restoration job again.

S.Vestae.
    Thanks, I must also correct myself... I'm not a teacher at the moment, I'm currently reading at the University. The cap will be left as is.
    Btw, the nature is my garden.

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    i must have been in a coma to miss this great thread anders, to go to such length and trouble, even down to the original thread must be loudly applauded, and my admiration also goes to your master tailor, he deserves the prefix. well done indeed , its a beauty
    Thank you very much, and I agree, all credit goes to the master tailor (and the person who helped me to get the tunic to him).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast