Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

My small contribution

Article about: The cap will be left as is. Good decision, I had the same restoration problem before, but your cap is more nice, and your holes not realy important and hidden on the top cap.

Default Re: My small contribution

The cap will be left as is.
    Good decision, I had the same restoration problem before, but your cap is more nice, and your holes not realy important and hidden on the top cap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small contribution
    P
    Many

Well done and a worthwhile project. You should also know that a lot of German militaria is restored, even some very nice pieces. Certain collectors do not understand this fact, having come to the enterprise lately and having also been mislead by much of the statements on these sites. Having lived in Germany off and on since the early 1970s, a lot of things one found were stripped of insignia, but still very desirable and collectible all the same.

And, in my experience beginning in the middle 1960s, collectors constantly took, for instance, army officers' artillery Waffenroecke and made them into that of generals, or pried insignia off of caps to some how change them, or otherwise fiddle with badges here and there. The collectors themselves did much mischief. Certain local collectors in the vicinity developed extraordinary skills at restoration and created outlandish uniforms which later ended up in reference books.

Thus, Anders, what you have done is perfectly alright in my estimation.

These legends of veterans' attics and motel buys (in which the virginal material emerges like Sleeping Beauty) really get on one's nerves. I also saw essentially no militaria in families when I have been in Germany, and I have cause to see a lot of military families, actually.

I can recall a Feldbluse for sale in the window of a hock shop in Vienna in 1973, and of course militaria dealers in their number, but no cornucopias.

Happy Feldbluse.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Well done and a worthwhile project. You should also know that a lot of German militaria is restored, even some very nice pieces. Certain collectors do not understand this fact, having come to the enterprise lately and having also been mislead by much of the statements on these sites. Having lived in Germany off and on since the early 1970s, a lot of things one found were stripped of insignia, but still very desirable and collectible all the same.

And, in my experience beginning in the middle 1960s, collectors constantly took, for instance, army officers' artillery Waffenroecke and made them into that of generals, or pried insignia off of caps to some how change them, or otherwise fiddle with badges here and there. The collectors themselves did much mischief. Certain local collectors in the vicinity developed extraordinary skills at restoration and created outlandish uniforms which later ended up in reference books.

Thus, Anders, what you have done is perfectly alright in my estimation.

These legends of veterans' attics and motel buys (in which the virginal material emerges like Sleeping Beauty) really get on one's nerves. I also saw essentially no militaria in families when I have been in Germany, and I have cause to see a lot of military families, actually.

I can recall a Feldbluse for sale in the window of a hock shop in Vienna in 1973, and of course militaria dealers in their number, but no cornucopias.

Happy Feldbluse.
    Thank you F-B. I'm glad you like it.

I'm well aware of the fact that many items out there are fiddled with.
    At least I'm not trying to hide anything, so when the time comes for this tunic to move on, it ought to be quite easy to find the threads I've started here and there.

However I'm very pleased with the work and people may think what they want, but the jacket started its days as an M43 W-SS tunic, was fiddled with, I'm 100% certain post war, and now restored back to former beauty.
    (All IMO of course). For me it still is and will always be a nice collectible.

?

Hi Anders, I'am glad the tunic you like it. The master himself was not satisfied with his job, he says that better to wait the identical colors. But as I can see on the sunlight there is different fadings from the lower part to abowe. His professional look to the items, IMO the better - restorer of the cloth items in the world Also a large database for restoring of cloth/leather from 1800's era, he starts his skills in the late of 1980's and has a lot of materials from eastern filmstudios and from German tailors etc...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Dimas,

You are correct, the tunic has faded in different colors in different places, so I can find places on the tunic that matches the pockets 100% (which I believe is seen in the sunlight photos). The master can be satisfied. I am 100% satisfied. The details are amazing.

Thank you very much for helping me getting the tunic to this master tailor who has all this original cloth, thread, pre war sewing machines etc.

Quote by Anders S View Post
    Hi Dimas,

You are correct, the tunic has faded in different colors in different places, so I can find places on the tunic that matches the pockets 100% (which I believe is seen in the sunlight photos). The master can be satisfied. I am 100% satisfied. The details are amazing.

Thank you very much for helping me getting the tunic to this master tailor who has all this original cloth, thread, pre war sewing machines etc.
    This is a photo taken with a flash (the buckle doesn't look that bad IRL).
    I'd say the pockets couldn't match much better.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small contribution  

Hi Anders, I am very conservative when it comes to restorations, but I think a good job has been done here with your tunic. Congrats.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Anders, I am very conservative when it comes to restorations, but I think a good job has been done here with your tunic. Congrats.

Cheers, Ade.

Coming from Ade ....it means
    A GOOD JOB HAS BEEN DONE WITH YOUR TUNIC, ANDERS!!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you Ade.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5