Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My small contribution

Article about: The cap will be left as is. Good decision, I had the same restoration problem before, but your cap is more nice, and your holes not realy important and hidden on the top cap.

Smile My small contribution

Hi all,

I wasn't sure if I would post my little contribution in this forum after have seen all the outstanding items that have been posted here before me.
    However, we're not all "super elite collectors" ( a formulation used by a friend).

Here is a photo of my center piece. Right now the tunic is being restored into its former beauty. The tunic was stripped and the pockets have been reworked and some cloth have been added to the waist. I'm certain that all this were done post war.

It's an SS-BW marked M43 tunic and I've found all the insignia I need (except for a used "Nordland" cuff title) to restore it as an Unterscharführer. All the insignia and the tresse are only needled to the tunic at the moment and I'm searching for some period made Italian wool so I can have the pockets restored.

I hope you like it as much as I do.

Best,
    Anders
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My small contribution  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small contribution
    P
    Many

Default Re: My small contribution

Good to see you here Anders.

A very nice restauration project with the right taste and effort! Better to do it sometimes in that way and enjoy the time to look out for all the details as before spending a high amount of money for a W-SS tunic where you find then might later out all is post war put together and all was not the money worth.

Demien
    ?

It is a beauty, let me say that i like more the used ones knowing that it was acualy worn on the field than the so called mint ones which were stored, so a really nice cach my friend !!! But there is one thing that bothers me, that is the SS tabs ( perhaps it is just a foto ), they look too new comparing to the tunic, you should found some used SS tabs to give the proper battle look to the tunic !!! Please post some close fotos of that NCO visor !

D

Quote by Robert H View Post
    Good to see you here Anders.

A very nice restauration project with the right taste and effort! Better to do it sometimes in that way and enjoy the time to look out for all the details as before spending a high amount of money for a W-SS tunic where you find then might later out all is post war put together and all was not the money worth.
    Thank you Robert.

Yes, I'm learning a lot about the construction of a tunic when I'm doing like this, also, I know this is and always will be a "put together tunic".
    But as you say, so are many other tunics, were the owners don't know.

Still, I'm convinced that it'll display nicely when I'm finished, and it is after all a WSS-tunic.

Best,
    Anders

Nice work Anders!

I think it is MUCH better to have an old original tunic restored with old original insignia, than to rely on some of the 'mint' examples that appear on a lot of the dealer sites.

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    Nice work Anders!

I think it is MUCH better to have an old original tunic restored with old original insignia, than to rely on some of the 'mint' examples that appear on a lot of the dealer sites.
    Robin, Thanks!
    I'm trying to do my best with a limited budget.
    Atleast I know what I have and I'm very proud of it! Also, I really enjoy
    the hunting, finding the correct insignia, wool, thread etc. You also make a lot of friends while you're searching.

Best,
    Anders

thanks so much for your contribution

Thank you, it isn't much, but I hope you like it.

Quote by Anders S View Post
    Thank you, it isn't much, but I hope you like it.
    On the contrary, the quality is the key thing. Thanks again.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    On the contrary, the quality is the key thing. Thanks again.
    Thank You, Mr Friedrich-Berthold!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast