Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My SS regalia and on line larceny

Article about: I hope you will take the use of your items as proof of your refined taste. It is further evidence of the quality of your collection and the effort you have made over time. I am guilty of nic

?

Default Re: My SS regalia and on line larceny

I hope you will take the use of your items as proof of your refined taste. It is further evidence of the quality of your collection and the effort you have made over time. I am guilty of nicking photos from where ever I can find them for use on this fine forum. Thank you F-B for sharing your time and hard won collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SS regalia and on line larceny
    P
    Many

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    An honest historian would have cited his sources and asked permission beforehand.

I try to cite where I find pictures, but the images of my collection have so infected the tissue of things. At least these people recognized a real hat. That's something, isn't it?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    At least they might have given you credit for your images, FB.........
    You know, dear friend, I do not care very much, really. I get a lot of credit in many other things, so it is all part of this odd 21st century.
    I mean, if I were a prick about it here, I would demand a fee for my expertise and charge you all to look at my stuff, but that's not how I am at all.
    I am happy that we have a nice group here, in fact, especially given the awful experience had elsewhere by Adrian Stevenson and myself in an earlier epoch.
    And, I pinched Shea's picture, especially since he got a good photographer. He knows that I boost his stuff, so he does not object.
    This cap was also in the Hayes book, actually. Plus I paid him a great deal of money for the hat in one check, too, and not over time.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    At least these people recognized a real hat. That's something, isn't it?
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Quote by jHAM View Post
    I hope you will take the use of your items as proof of your refined taste. It is further evidence of the quality of your collection and the effort you have made over time. I am guilty of nicking photos from where ever I can find them for use on this fine forum. Thank you F-B for sharing your time and hard won collection.
    Thank you. I am glad you find pictures and share them with us. It is what I do, too. It is a form of learning and that is the reason we are here. If I wanted to make money, I would sell militaria professionally, but I have no patience for it.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I would demand a fee for my expertise and charge you all to look at my stuff, .
    I am very grateful that you do not charge to view, because I would be spending a great amount to drool!!!!
    Thank You Sir for sharing you awesome items with us!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I am very grateful that you do not charge to view, because I would be spending a great amount to drool!!!!
    Thank You Sir for sharing you awesome items with us!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you for the compliment.
    I have many fine friends in the USMC.
    I would also note that not everyone likes what we do, and from time to time, there is a lesser or greater attempt to collapse our undertaking, but my colleagues are very good at mutual aid and collective defense.
    Thanks again.

My SS regalia and on line larcenyMy SS regalia and on line larcenyMy SS regalia and on line larcenyMy SS regalia and on line larcenyMy SS regalia and on line larcenyMy SS regalia and on line larcenyMy SS regalia and on line larcenyMy SS regalia and on line larcenyMy SS regalia and on line larcenyMy SS regalia and on line larcenyMy SS regalia and on line larcenyfoetid woolens in the hall of mirrors.

I sent a message to the site out of curiosity, asking how they acquire images and that a friend owned the hat they had pictured on their site and this is what they said.

"We acquired a lot of our visual content from a previous site that did not
    keep records. While we have managed to track down the copyright status
    and/or seek permissions for most images, there are a few that we were
    unable to identify or locate."

The gentleman said that if it is against the owners wishes that it is on the site he would replace the image.
    Over a series of messages I told him who the hat belonged to and that proper credit should be given. They very nicely complied and gave you and your nice Hats the credit they deserve.
    Schutzstaffel - the SS

?

There is another site here: Nazi Jerman (yes, I did spell it correctly) where the owner trawls the net, saving photos and posting them on his site. He does seem to credit where he can to be fair but I wonder how many of our members will look and notice their images used on the site.

Unfortunately he hasn't always chosen images of original awards as examples to use........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast