Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

nco WSS m43 one button frontal insigna

Article about: Another mine little contribution for this nice forum. I hope you'll like it as me.

?

Default Re: nco WSS m43 one button frontal insigna

Mauro, when you look very very closely at your cap with the rayon lining, can you see many faint ink stamps, numbers and letters etc?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement nco WSS m43 one button frontal insigna
    P
    Many

No, but i saw other lining with some light stamp.Consider, as you know, that WSS recycle a lot of items so... i'm not surprised when i found these faint stamps.

Your cap as you said was made with scrap of wool and could be easy dated about half 1944 or a bit later due tue wool and lining which contains high % of rayon (but there is also cotton, as usual) and, based on my studies this kind of grey lining comes just a bit before htb or late Dachau lining. Moreover this cap have a clearly camo cap features.

?

Very true and also lots of wood and paper pulp in the exterior wool mix of some of these WSS caps. Not just late war either.

next time i will post an m43 with field grey 44 wool just only under button flaps.

?

I was reading Mollo's publications today and there is quite extensive information in Vol.6 regarding the collection of used uniforms and the re-manufacturing of garments using all or parts of those used uniforms. With extensive references to actual period statements and orders to that effect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3