Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Neat SS Band Postcard

Article about: I thought you uniform and insignia guys might like to see this one.

Default Neat SS Band Postcard

I thought you uniform and insignia guys might like to see this one.

Neat SS Band PostcardNeat SS Band Postcard
    Neat SS Band PostcardNeat SS Band Postcard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Neat SS Band Postcard
    P
    Many

Default Re: Neat SS Band Postcard

Neat SS Band PostcardThank you for the material. The phrase "Du treulose Tomate" is one a girl in Cologne wielded against me in 1974 when I was a student at the Uni Koeln. I liked her quite a bit.
    Here is a cap like the ones on the heads in Kassell and Sta. 35 ca. 1934 or so as pictured.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-11-2013 at 12:29 AM.

There was a Sta. 35 Montur for sale a decade ago with a nice tunic and black cap for just USD 4000 which I should have bought, but the seller was a creep.

- - Updated - -

Thanks for the nice material.

A fabulous card What is the message on the back?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

No idea.... can anyone translate?

The person who sent the card is kidding his friend about his failure to write to him. The sender is in upper Bavaria and includes greetings from comrades, whose names are on the card.

For those who might wonder, allow me to add that the monument seen in the upper half of the card is the Herkules. Located at the Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe, it is by far the best-known landmark of Kassel.

The card, too, is post-stamped at Kassel, which is a bit odd, considering the sender's "greetings from Upper Bavaria" message. (Kassel being, of course, in Hesse.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    For those who might wonder, allow me to add that the monument seen in the upper half of the card is the Herkules. Located at the Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe, it is by far the best-known landmark of Kassel.

The card, too, is post-stamped at Kassel, which is a bit odd, considering the sender's "greetings from Upper Bavaria" message. (Kassel being, of course, in Hesse.)
    Thank you. I had an out of body experience in Kassel-Wilhelmshoehe trying to get from a normal train from Marburg to the ICE line onward to Hamburg-Dammtor with my luggage.
    We miss Germany, be it Oberbayern or Hessen or Savignyplatz, in Charlottenburg. Or Marburg, and also Hamburg. et cetera.

?

I find the drummer in the right top corner interesting, he also seems to have a Kepi. Or maybe not- it is hard to tell since i have been running around in rain the whole day so im a little tired at the moment.
    --------
    Edit: Forgot that i could zoom in on the photo. I see he is wearing the same hat as the others.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you. I had an out of body experience in Kassel-Wilhelmshoehe trying to get from a normal train from Marburg to the ICE line onward to Hamburg-Dammtor with my luggage.
    I feel your pain. It's an awful railway station, both aesthetically and in terms of functionality. (I'm afraid I know it well.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast