Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need help about this visorcap

Article about: Hello dear experts. What is this ? Is this orginal or fake. Thanks for help

Prinzeugen
    ?

Default Need help about this visorcap

Hello dear experts.
    What is this ?
    Is this orginal or fake.
    Thanks for help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help about this visorcap   Need help about this visorcap  

Need help about this visorcap   Need help about this visorcap  

Need help about this visorcap  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Need help about this visorcap

surprised no body has commented on this one, or is it that bad?

As a cap it looks ok, but it is not i believe what it purports to be

This is an example of a "Frankenstein" hat. It appears to be a heavily damaged Heer cap that has been reworked. The black band shows no aging. Yet the rest of the cap is heavily damaged and the material shows 70+ years of aging and poor care. Needless to say, the jawless totenkopf was discontinued years before the short period where branch piped SS caps were allowed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    This is an example of a "Frankenstein" hat. It appears to be a heavily damaged Heer cap that has been reworked. The black band shows no aging. Yet the rest of the cap is heavily damaged and the material shows 70+ years of aging and poor care. Needless to say, the jawless totenkopf was discontinued years before the short period where branch piped SS caps were allowed.
    I couldn't make a call on it being a "frank" based on those poor pictures. We all know the debate on piped SS visors. Hens teeth and rocking horse sh** springs to mind.

Its has been re worked, but i would not say heavily. I think someone has added a few "bits" in the 60's to enhance it. And now coz it has an extra 40 years wear, to the untrained eye it looks passable.

Frankenstein cap are made to deceive. This would not fool many

Also looks to have had a sleeve eagle sewed to it at one time as well.

?

Well, it's not a real SS piped cap, that's for sure. Repro sweatband attached to a possible original Imperial Officers cap are my thoughts or Heer cap with added velvet band.

?

I seem to recall the horrible "calomine lotion"-colored sw'bands from '70s replicas. they were sold as such by honest dealers at the time...

you need a medical job for this cap lol

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.