Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help Authenticating these Armbands

Article about: Hello All, Thanks for the help on another one of these type of posts. I know you all have helped many people on this forum already. Looking to make a purchase and wanted to see if both of th

?

Default Need Help Authenticating these Armbands

Hello All,

Thanks for the help on another one of these type of posts. I know you all have helped many people on this forum already.

Looking to make a purchase and wanted to see if both of these examples looked original.

Need Help Authenticating these ArmbandsNeed Help Authenticating these Armbands

The fronts, The first image matches the one under it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help Authenticating these Armbands
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not my area of expertise but hang tight. Someone will be around shortly to provide you with an answer.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The tag in the second picture does not look right to me. The SS at the end of the second line looks funny - Im not familiar with that script. Don't take my assessment as final in any way - wait for others.

MAP
    ?

Please compare the first one to this genuine example from member Rossi.

SS Allgemeine Armband

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yeah, i was questioning the second one myself. Tag looked a little off and the actual swastika is all one piece, which i thought was off for that type of tag.

Really appreciate the comments!

Also if you compare to Rossi's example you will see the center round is more of an oval shape than circular, and the stitching of it cannot be seen on the inside of the band. The cloth SS tag is rather poorly executed as well, it shows no soiling vs the front which looks to be dirtied up to give the appearance of age and use. Best regards.

Brian

Kirk's example

Example posted previously from FB's collection vs OP

If the images correspond with one another the top one with the paper tag MAY stand a chance IMO. But more pictures of it full view of front and rear would be necessary. The paper label looks close to period to my eyes.

Need Help Authenticating these ArmbandsNeed Help Authenticating these ArmbandsNeed Help Authenticating these Armbands
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-22-2018 at 10:41 AM.

?

Thanks you very much for the feedback. The images do correspond with one on top of the other. The first example is what i will be focusing on. This would be the back of it. I was not sure on the stitching with red thread looking like it was touched up.

MAP
    ?

The roundel on the paper tagged version appears to almost touches the black bands. I think typically there should be a larger gap. Again, not my area of expertise. Just pointing out the difference.

It's a great observation Michael. I'm not sure if it s enough to disqualify it? I d still like to see images of the whole front and folded inside out. Best regards.

Brian

Here's an image of one of FB's tunics with the brassard attached. The center round is close to the border edges.

I’ve also been offered two armbands. One party armband the other Hitler youth. The HJ one looks 90% there. Not sure on the other one?