Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help as to if these items are the real thing.

Article about: I was at a junk shop and found these ss items in a corner but the old codger let me take pictures but was not to keen on me taking them out of the sleeves etc. I hope you can give me some id

Default Need help as to if these items are the real thing.

I was at a junk shop and found these ss items in a corner but the old codger let me take pictures but was not to keen on me taking them out of the sleeves etc. I hope you can give me some ideas and thoughts on these.

thanks very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help as to if these items are the real thing.   Need help as to if these items are the real thing.  

Need help as to if these items are the real thing.   Need help as to if these items are the real thing.  

Need help as to if these items are the real thing.   Need help as to if these items are the real thing.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help as to if these items are the real thing.
    P
    Many

Default more pictures.

Please see additional pictures. Sorry about the hat pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help as to if these items are the real thing.   Need help as to if these items are the real thing.  

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum. I do not specialize in SS items so best wait for others. Typically we like to see threads on each item separately. And clear photos of front/back/etc.

That said, in my minimal experience, the cuff titles are of poor craftsmanship and do not reach the quality of an original. The Visor cap appears to be a post war cap with plastic sweat shield with fake SS insignia. And the flag pendent to me is a fantasy item.

Just my opinion. Happy to stand corrected.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello welcome to the forum. The number 8 ct MAYBE? The printed nsdap armband looks ok but it's not SS. The rest is no good. But I wouldn't hold my breath on the cuff title w/o better pictures. Best regards.

Brian

?

I'm not an SS expert but just by going on these pictures I will give you an opinion.
    I don't like the look of the SS pennant and SS armbands, the RZM tag on the pennant looks totally wrong. And a little hint for you, you can use the search engine on this forum and you will finds loads of great information.

Also the SS schirmmütze looks like one big red flag to me. The cap itself seems to be post-war and the SS insignia looks repro.

This is just my observation and let's wait for some other opinions.

Regards, Rik

Edit: Brian and Michael beat me to it, but I stand by there opinions.

?

First of all welcome to the forum. Based on pics and what I am seeing I would pass.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

All of it not for me Delta Pennant for sure

The old codger should stick to coins.

Well, I think enough has been said about these specific items and I agree entirely.

What I would offer as a tip for the future is if you show a genuine iterest in items for sale with a dealer, that is to say you don't give the impression of a "tyre kicker" then he should be helpful and willing to allow you to fully examine any piece he is vouching for as original. If he is not willing to allow this I would take a very robust approach when considering the veracity of his pitch. I am not saying I would immediately walk away but such an attitude would be a massive red flag. I often find it wise to assess the dealer (unless you know him well of course) as much as you do the artifact.
    "No smoke without fire"!
    Also, unless you know and trust the dealer to help and educate you it is paramount that you research the items in question before even approaching the shop!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

My advice is to you to get out of that horrible shop and never return. The owner seems to be a typical 'in it for the business' man as hes bought a couple of the most horrible fantasy items to sell and that 'SS members armband' is really just a regular NSDAP members armband with a ridiculous pricetag. Gnarly.