Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help on SS eagle

Article about: Just picked up .Metal threads looks real and stitching looks good. Would " please" appreciate any feedback. Thanks.is this a slleve eagle???

Default Need help on SS eagle

Just picked up .Metal threads looks real and stitching looks good. Would " please" appreciate any feedback. Thanks.is this a slleve eagle???Need help on SS eagleNeed help on SS eagleNeed help on SS eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help on SS eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help on SS eagle
    P
    Many

Both eagles appear to be repros. Here is my flatwire SS sleeve eagle for comparison.

Yeah I have a couple of the same you posted, this one is larger thats what had me curious. Sorry if the photo is not good but I put the Herr eagle in for scale, which I know is origonal, got that one from my uncle who was a POW in WW2 .I only wish I had the rest of his collection before his no account son sold the majority of it for booze in the late 40's.

- - ------- - -

Thanks for looking...

@panzerace I have to agree w/ John here. I'm -FAR- from an expert but one thing that stands out besides the SS eagle's head/beak is that the swastikas on your examples are blocky & quite symmetrical. They actually look better than known originals haha. For some reason, the swastikas on originals always look goofy.

Bill Shea has some mint 'tropical' SS eagles that are vetted & priced well if you want to scoop up an original for a good price.

both fakes indeed