Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help! Is this Waffen-ss armband real?

Article about: I made an impulse buy on this German waffen-ss yellow armband. I was antiquing with my parents in the middle of nowhere and there was a whole case of nazi memorabilia. He had this band and a

Default Need help! Is this Waffen-ss armband real?

I made an impulse buy on this German waffen-ss yellow armband. I was antiquing with my parents in the middle of nowhere and there was a whole case of nazi memorabilia. He had this band and another sports band along with some medals. Well the owner was closing in 15 minutes so I just paid for it. He wasnted $100 and I saw online this model could go for $350 or so. Well now I'm unsure if it is real looking at pictures of other ones. I paid $85. I lived a few hours from where the shop was. The black light test only had the top and bottom actual stitching gloing and that material is the same color as the band. That is all that was glowing. It is screen printed and has no tags anywhere. The stamp on the front has an eagle but none of the writing is readable. Is it real or did I pick up another fake from the 4th reich? I am very unfirmiliar with German military goods so I now have my doubts. Need help! Is this Waffen-ss armband real?Need help! Is this Waffen-ss armband real?Need help! Is this Waffen-ss armband real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help! Is this Waffen-ss armband real?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is this waffen-ss armband real?

It sure looks very new new. And I don't like the runes of it when compared with real examples.

K.

?

Default Re: Is this waffen-ss armband real?

Hello
    like K, I don't like this anymore...
    cordially
    Didier

Default Re: Need help! Is this Waffen-ss armband real?

I moved this to the SS Uniform and Insignia Forum. The piece in my opinion is a fake. As previously stated, the runes are incorrect and also the eigentum stamp is something never encountered on genuine examples.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

My exact fears well thank you gentlemen. I'll stick to helmets like I should have. No more dabbling for me.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I moved this to the SS Uniform and Insignia Forum. The piece in my opinion is a fake. As previously stated, the runes are incorrect and also the eigentum stamp is something never encountered on genuine examples.
    me, too.

If buying one of these, you need to buy a machine woven version.

Waffen-SS Armband

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!