Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...

Article about: This is not in my area of collecting but these would have been used by the DAF, Railway, NSKK etc. Aswell as the SS. Cheers, Pat

?

Default Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...

Hi all,

Someone contacted me about these SS breeches they purchased in Germany back in the 80s. I haven't been brave enough to venture into the SS uniform market yet, just the SS daggers. Any thoughts on whether these are good? He says there are no markings on the interior, which seems odd to me, but then again not everything is marked I guess?

NOTE: I lightened most of these photos in order to show more detail, but they are indeed very black in color. The originals were very dark because the fabric is black.

Thoughts?

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect WWII German Uniforms.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...

Hi, I'm in the same situation! I'm wondering whether these Could these feasibly be SS breeches? are SS breeches. No one's replied to me yet. I don't know how to tell the difference between these breeches and other organisations; or does it really matter, were they all multi use?
    Robbie

Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...These might be the black breeches of a variety of organizations, but they could well be SS. Ideally, they would have the relevant marks. However, sometimes the marks vanish. It is a good sign that the front pockets have no flaps, as such are for wear with the Bobihaken shirt.

?

So FB, if you look at my thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uni...eeches-146280/ , those pockets are also unflapped. Out of interest; if one were to buy those sorts of breeches to go with a tunic, as they were of the type used by the SS, would it be suitably accurate for a display?

Robbie

Quote by Styx View Post
    So FB, if you look at my thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...eeches-146280/ , those pockets are also unflapped. Out of interest; if one were to buy those sorts of breeches to go with a tunic, as they were of the type used by the SS, would it be suitably accurate for a display?

Robbie
    yes.

?

Friedrich-Berthold, thanks for the feedback. Is your opinion that these are genuine TR, whether SS or otherwise? Is the stitching correct, the buttons, seams, etc?

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Friedrich-Berthold, thanks for the feedback. Is your opinion that these are genuine TR, whether SS or otherwise? Is the stitching correct, the buttons, seams, etc?
    They appear authentic to me, but I can only tell by examining them. I am old fashioned with foetid woolens. Fakes of breeches are usually hashed up.
    I want a retainer for my expertise.

Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...Need some opinions on these SS Breeches (?)...seventy or more year old woolens are very distinct, even when in fine state of preservation. One can hardly tell same from these pictures.

?

Ok, so I got the breeches on the condition that I'd be able to personally inspect them before paying, always a good arrangement

Here are some more detailed photos of various ares of the breeches. I'm hoping I can get more opinions on these, based on the new photos. If you need for me to take shots of specific areas, I'm happy to do it!...

Most of you know this, but click the photos below to enlarge. They're pretty big.

Thanks!

Dzyner

They look alright to me. The breeches could have been worn by various organizations, but these will pass. If you don't want them, and the price is right, I'll buy them from you. They are, however, devoid of the normal SS marks which I have included, hence their value should be modest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast