Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Need a very quick good answer on these SS shoulder bards <3

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN Have you ever met a guy selling fakes who does not guarantee things being 100% genuine? Even Snyder gives his personal COA!! Once they have your money, try and get a refund. T

Default Re: Need a very quick good answer on these SS shoulder bards <3

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Have you ever met a guy selling fakes who does not guarantee things being 100% genuine? Even Snyder gives his personal COA!! Once they have your money, try and get a refund. They will give you "prove they are fake" and "no one the internet knows what they are talking about." If you want to get it rammed in to you, go ahead. They are definitely fake. If you knew good from fake, you would not be posting them here.
    That's true, it's a worthless risk which I like to take, besides I got em through ebay so every penny I want back Is mine, thanks for the insight (: Also shoulder boards aren't my thing to know about from WW2 I'm still new to that side of stuff, so I post stuff here I don't have a boogies about and let you decide. Thank's for the opinion now let me learn something HOW are these fake what should I be looking for?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need a very quick good answer on these SS shoulder bards &lt;3
    P
    Many

this is just my opinion and feel free to let it go in one ear and out the other but for me, having these in hand isn't gonna help anything here.

i'd just stay away. you don't need the hassle of the back and forth shipping.

it doesn't mean anything that the guy has marked them "100% genuine". the fact is, you're going to get them in your hands, and be frustrated with bad opinions on them whether he's holding them or you. in these situations you end up returning them or holding them with gnawing regret. this is a feeling a lot of collectors have experienced and it doesn't go away unlike a cold.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    this is just my opinion and feel free to let it go in one ear and out the other but for me, having these in hand isn't gonna help anything here.

i'd just stay away. you don't need the hassle of the back and forth shipping.
    Okay thanks (:

keep looking. you will find an awesome set with a little patience!

?

What is the flower dusting test, I never heard of this ?

?

Quote by Simke View Post
    What is the flower dusting test, I never heard of this ?
    Nor me but I'm very intrigued to know how you carry out the Flower dusting test!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

i don't know what it is either. i was just kinda suffering in silence waiting for someone else to ask!

?

Curiosity got the better of me so I Googled it.

It's something to do with cake decorating.

Apparently.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The Flower Dusting Test, from wikipisstaking:

If you examine the pollen from the flowers under a scanning electron microscope you can, by comparing the % of the different species identified, establish what the environment was like during the period of use of the shoulder boards and it is possible to date them to within a period of a 10,000 years and also as to which part of the world they were used in.

Probably not much use for deciding original from fake in this case, or for anything from WWII, but it sounds good.

Please delete if not funny or disrespectful
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

so using this test we can pinpoint these boards as having been made between 3067-3055 BC and 6933-6945 AD!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast