Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New menber. Can you ID some SS stuff bought from a vets family

Article about: I got these with a Luger from the family of a vet last weekend. I don't know much about them. Can you please tell me what they are and if they are rare. Also are they wort anything? Thanks,

Post New menber. Can you ID some SS stuff bought from a vets family

I got these with a Luger from the family of a vet last weekend. I don't know much about them. Can you please tell me what they are and if they are rare. Also are they wort anything?

Thanks,
    Larry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New menber. Can you ID some SS stuff bought from a vets family
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New menber. Can you ID some SS stuff bought from a vets family

Larry, Welcome onboard. I'am sorry to tell you that all 3 is fakes
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

New member? Join date says Dec 2009. Forum issue or is something fishy going on?

?

Ill see if i can help here, the first is whats known as a lapel pin, the writing i cannot help with, the second is a SS skull used on the peaked caps of Ncos and Officers, the last is a 8yr loyal service medal for the SS, As to values, the most valuable one there , if proved to be genuine, would be the skull, some of these reach well into the high hundreds of dollars, apart from that the most valuable piece you have is the luger, possibly couple of thousand dollars or more, depending on condition and if fully functional, there will be more informed opinions than i have offered, but this only a guide line, hope this helps

I been a lurker. I had a friend take pictures and post these on here. Tom I'll post pictures of the Luger. Its a S/42 dated 1936 all matching but the mag. Came with it's holster. I got all of it together plus a few other medals like Iron Cross. I'll be shocked if they are fake. I can tell the Luger and holster is real.

Larry

?

Sorry, no disrespect meant. I saw the join date and the skeptic in me immediately wondered how someone who has been a member of this forum for over a year would not know what at least the skull cap and long service award were or that they both have the potential to be worth their weight in gold.

There's been quite a few people who have joined here with the intent to post their fake items only to see if they could fool some of the experts so they could sell these items to the unsuspecting.

?

I think the pin is the SS honour pin(SS thank needle for loyalty assistance in the fighting) one of the hardest badges of the TR period to obtain.
    But i dont think this one is of the period,i have never seen a real one myself.

Sorry all of it is fake. The pin´s markings is horrible and the rest of it is horrible too. The totenkopf Skull is total fake, the markings,prongs and maker´s mark is total wrong compared to any original. And last and not least the SS 8 year of service medal. It´s a fake too. The suspension-ring should be teardrop shaped and the details of the award is way to poor for being an original. So sorry all 3 peaces are fake. You should turn them back and get your money back also. Post the pictures of the rest of the awards on the "orders" forum instead. This is for SS stuff only.

Quote by LMG 1 View Post
    I think the pin is the SS honour pin(SS thank needle for loyalty assistance in the fighting) one of the hardest badges of the TR period to obtain.
    But i dont think this one is of the period,i have never seen a real one myself.
    Its actually an SS FM Honor needle, which would be financial support outside the ranks of the SS. It is fake for sure, so no doubt there.

Best,

Kris