Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New photos of AH tunic and more....

Article about: The shoes look real!

Default New photos of AH tunic and more....

Hi again, I posted a while ago a photo of the cuff title from a tunic I recently discovered. I was hopeful. That hope has now faded, but just in case here's what he sent. Thanks everyone for the replys.
    New photos of AH tunic and more....New photos of AH tunic and more....New photos of AH tunic and more....New photos of AH tunic and more....New photos of AH tunic and more....New photos of AH tunic and more....New photos of AH tunic and more....New photos of AH tunic and more....New photos of AH tunic and more....New photos of AH tunic and more....New photos of AH tunic and more....Attachment 498019

However, it does say its quite early, and the armband tag and tunic tag have matching years, so don't want to throw in the towel yet. It may be just early and as hb says in the ss rzm tag thread, the white tagged tunic are very rare. I know the photos are bad, if anyone feels it stands a chance, I'll make the long drive! Thanks again

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New photos of AH tunic and more....
    P
    Many

Default Re: New photos of AH tunic and more....

As I study these photos, I am starting to dislike the cut of the pockets. The bottom once bother me the most. Yet I found myself making excuses like maybe it's just because its early.

?

This is not something you want. Post war tunic and breeches. Bad RZM tags. Incorrect details. One look fake material.

The cufftitle is fake...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    As I study these photos, I am starting to dislike the cut of the pockets. The bottom once bother me the most. Yet I found myself making excuses like maybe it's just because its early.
    I have found it is often easier to see the problems with other peoples items than it is with your own. When it is yours, you want it to be good and that emotional involvement clouds your objectivity, which is why a forum like this is a good place to show your items, sometimes you get bad news, but at least you know the truth.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The tunic is a fake, or a redyed BGS special or something and the breeches are original, but not especially SS.
    On to the next thing. We have tons of photos in fine detail of authentic tunics.

?

I think the breeches and armband may be original.

Thank you all for your kind responses. I personal didn't like it either. My only hope was it was the rare small print AH cufftitle and so early, it was something which I've never seen; that being the tag and stamping. But when the rest of the items came in, I knew his "story" was bs. His other items are so bad, I'm not even going to post them. Thanks again.

I cannot speak with much authority on this score, but the earlier LAH cuff titles tended to have rather large script, and the later ones, i.e. 1936/7 were somewhat smaller. None was as small as what you have enclosed here.
    I am sure that Mr. d'Alquen as well as Bob Hirtz can enclose varieties of LAH cuff titles. I will ask David Delich, too.
    However, the uniform shown here is a typical fake of an earlier epoch, in which somewhat similar BGS or other European uniforms were redyed.

Quote by Arran View Post
    I think the breeches and armband may be original.
    I agree wit this assessment. Mr. Arran has much experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast