Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform

Article about: Despite the lack of any real discussion on this (and in fact it is denied) in Wilkins' fine volume "The Collectors Guilde to Third Reich Military Headgear", I believe it was alread

Default Re: New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform

Interior appearance, with certain noteworthy features.

Here the Dolchschlitz is reinforced with leather.

The fakes have linings made of improper textiles, and affixed in a modern manner, without the skill and technique of the 1930s.

I note that were I a high end dealer, then this sum of about 44 years of knowledge would come with a high price tag.

Such is the price of knowledge in the 21st century. Not worth much.

Plus, these sites are tutorials for the fakers, who are able to test their mischief against our accumulated knowledge.

A real hoot when you think about it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform
    P
    Many

Here an issued piece versus the tailor made ones I have shown above, i.e the Koeln/Bonn and Saarbruecken tunics.

This piece has a cotton interior with the normal stamps.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform 

This Montur was offered for very little money some years ago in Switzterland. The Sta. 35, however, was HQd in Kassell, in northern Hesse. I dragged by heavy suit case through the ICE Bahnhof at Kassell Wilhelmshoehe there in March in a mad dash to catch the train to Hamburg. While I was dragging the suit case, I wished I had bought this cap and tunic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

?

Another issued piece, op cit.

To those watching, this is a worthwhile image to retain for reference, as D-M's prior.

Surely the price of knowledge in the 21st century is worth almost nothing, but the value of same is incalculable.

For those fresh and virginal to these rotting textiles, VA= Verwaltungsamt SS or SS Verwaltungsamt, the realm of Oswald Pohl.

Here his image after the glory days on his way to the gallows ca 1951.

His biography was much more interesting than the glamor puss Knights' Cross winner who absorb far too much attention on these websites.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform 

Sometimes one finds these things having been ravaged by insignia collectors.

The other parameter is: how long has this cuff title been in place or have others been in place, too.

This latter aspect gets made into a red herring, as anyone familiar with SS personnel files as well as the wearing of any garment in hard use will find.

That is, cuff titles plainly got replaced when personages transferred or they wore out. Further, the SS grew rapidly and many moved from one unit to the next, which meant a new cuff title and not necessarily a new uniform in each case.

a cuff with a cuff title. Here that of the Stammabteilung--very rare and desirable for such.

Colored cuff titles in the Allgemeine SS were phased out from 1937, but can be found in rare and highly prized examples of earlier uniforms still intact.

The color Vorstoss indicated the Sturmbann. The arabic numeral indicated the Sturm.

The piece at the bottom is for an Abschnitt HQ.

Once again, all fakers pay close attention.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform   New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

Here a seldom seen SSTV example of early date, not found with much ease.

?

To those still suffering through this thread, here is what you would like to see inside the inner vest pocket on issued tunics; the focus is terrible, but the details are genuine:

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast