Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform

Article about: Despite the lack of any real discussion on this (and in fact it is denied) in Wilkins' fine volume "The Collectors Guilde to Third Reich Military Headgear", I believe it was alread

Default Re: New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform

Suffering is the path to knowledge.

Some others. These tags are also faked, but these and that from Bruce are authentic.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform
    P
    Many

The novice seeker of foetid woolens is blessed on our site with a very long, complete thread on all manner of infernal tags that were a major part of Nazi governance. The SS had extra tags, to boot, reflective of the peculiar mind of Heini H.

One can only speculate on the Freudian aspects of his tag fetish.

But of ours, too.....

These here are authentic, but they have all been faked in turn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  
    Attached Images Attached Images New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform 

?

A further Oberbayern CT not found often in situ these days:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

?

Stone and other moderators have seen these images dozens of times over, but for those looking to learn, you cannot ever have enough images to draw from; this a standard issue cap from the Lubstein firm incognito:

?

And further -

?

The face of the Lubstein visor:

Very nice, Bruce. The peaked cap diverges somewhat from the norm, but not by much.

It has character, surely.

Sometimes these things emerge this way.

This object challenges those who insist on an un restored item or one who engages realism and deals with things as they are....

The science and art of determining when insignia were affixed to a tunic are not given to all of us.

There is a tendency to exaggeration, too, in this aspect.

Experience and keen powers of observation of a lot of authentic material (see my earlier posts...) are the only guide.

This photo should underscore the point that our material not for the faint-hearted, the inattentive and the cavalier.

If the seeker has never actually seen a real black SS uniform in hand (to say nothing of perhaps 30 or 50 or more...) then such a personage faces a real challenge.

?

Please permit final thoughts on the HS 81 visor; I know this discussion belongs on the Headgear Forum, and I promise to desist after this.

Indeed the cap has quite a roof pitch, as attached.

The inside is well-marked, with the Deutsches Leder impression on the band, the initials AH dot-punched into the band, and the stamp "CN/38" inside the band.

A nice piece. "CN" is likely the leather maker, and 38 needs no explanation. I have seen "CN" on other caps, too, just as we have seen HB on various caps.

Maybe when I get all the Uniformenmarkt periodicals, something will jump out in the reading of same.

Wilkins asserted that Lubstein made no caps for the NSDAP or its organizations, which is nonsense. Your cap suggests otherwise.

He also asserted that Isken of Cologne also only made caps for zoo keepers and trolley conductorettes in a major German urban center of Cologne. Ziemlich deppert.

PS As my colleagues here will tell you, 59= Isken/ Koeln am Rhein.

I went to university in Cologne, actually. This hat was made before I studied there.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform 

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast