Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform

Article about: Despite the lack of any real discussion on this (and in fact it is denied) in Wilkins' fine volume "The Collectors Guilde to Third Reich Military Headgear", I believe it was alread

WorldWarIIBuff
    ?

Default New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform

I came across this site and it looks there are a ton of memorbilia collectors and World War II buffs like myself. Great site. I figured this would be the best place to ask and see if anyone knows of any sites selling an AUTHENTIC SS uniform. I take it that this one from RobertCollectibles.com (great site BTW - noticed it skimming the board) is real and this is what I'm looking for...either black or white. This is one of the few things I need to really complete my collection.

Does anyone know of any site/person selling an authentic one? Thanks in advance for your help and great site.

2. # ADS

Default Re: New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform

i owuld love to have thet jacket .

Robert has some stunning uniforms, and you couldn't go wrong there.

They do come up for sale on various sites, but be carefull. If its cheap, it's probably wrong.

Peter Jenkins sometimes has them here in the UK, but they don't last long

SSBW homepage

I'm sure he won't mind me plugging him ......ooopppss sorry

The SSVT 3 piece was from Robert Hassler's collection. Since I collect black SS uniforms, I shall tell you where I have found them: Shea, Whammond, Herman, Jenkins, and Hassler. None of these sites is a bargain, and these things are quite costly, if you want something authentic and without doubts clinging to it. The key to these is to secure them from old collections or from the above dealers, when they turn up. Herman has recently sold more than one; Whammond, too, in fact. These things are not for the faint hearted. If you want one, you must enlighten yourself sufficiently in order to tell fake from authentic piece. Since the onset of the economic crisis, the supply of same has dried up. v Lukacs has a piece that is authentic from the Erzgebirge, but I am not sure all the badges are integral. But is is a nice piece, even if it is missing the honor cuff title. But I am also not sure that all the Allgemeine SS units entitled to wear these things did so, but that is another matter.

Pieces from the SSVT and SSTV are much, much rarer and more conflicted than the proper Allgemeine SS uniforms, which I think surely have their own poetry because they are authentic.

Happy foetid woolens.

PS I now own the Herstellungsvorschriften der RZM and they do NOT depict SS uniforms, although they describe textiles, metal wear et cetera.....I wonder why this is so?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

?

I would chime in with John and F-B; the sites noted are surely the most reliable.

The only one I know of available currently is the Plauen tunic noted by F-B, offered at around 10,500 EU.

You can reach this site at German militaria - iron cross, waffen ss, luftwaffe, paratrooper – Military Antiques Stockholm.

The Plauen piece has its merits, other than the fact this unit did or did not have an honor cuff title, especially for an Obesturmbannfuehrer, who would have been quite senior in said unit, indeed.

The tunic is plainly real. It may be that the honor cuff title was bagged by someone years ago and this "7" was added later, but such is only a theory. Or the person never wore the honor cuff title. The Allgemeine SS is a complicated entity, even if less blood and gore adheres to it than the Waffen SS. Their rapid growth and reorganization are riddles made more intriguing by certain aspects of uniform that are under analyzed in the secondary works.

Do not buy any black SS uniforms without gaining some counsel from those people familiar with them, or you will disappoint yourself greatly.

The key is to examine real material in hand versus all these misleading computer pictures.

Also, one should keep in mind that even the best of these foetid woolens are 70 plus years old, and show their age, even when well preserved.

If something looks too good to be true, then it plainly is....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform   New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

Examination of authentic specimens is not an easy task, as they are concentrated in a handful of places. There is a certain Catch 22 aspect to what I write, but such remains essential all the same.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

?

The competition for these newsreel uniforms is fierce for sure, and the price for the genuine thing seems in an endless upward spiral.

I could use several of these, for sure.

Give the word, and I shall sell you my whole collection.

You will need some more moth crystals, though.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast