Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New to the site, and love what i see so far.

Article about: New to the site, and love what i see so far, And i already made a donation to help keep the site going. Now here is my question, where can i purchase a real nice reproduction 1932 type ALLGE

Default Re: New to the site, and love what i see so far.

Quote by Frog View Post
    Hi Brian -

If you like the bandsman black tunic, try Craig Gottlieb Militaria and cllick Uniforms for an example (perhaps worth discussion, in any event).

WOW, that SS Verfügungstruppe Scharführer bandsman Allgemeine SS tunic is very nice, I think i would be willing to sell a gun or two to buy that one.

I'm going to send an email, and call on it.

Very nice indeed...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New to the site, and love what i see so far.
    P
    Many

Why is that Unifrom not labelled LAH on Craigs board?maybe no cufftitle on it? I wonder,as it has the SS runes tab for LAH.

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    WOW, that SS Verfügungstruppe Scharführer bandsman Allgemeine SS tunic is very nice, I think i would be willing to sell a gun or two to buy that one.

I'm going to send an email, and call on it.

Very nice indeed...

SSVT and the Allgemeine SS were two separate entities by the end of 1934. The black SS uniform was worn by various branches of the SS for much of the era 1933-1940 or so, and surely even longer.

The piece on Gottlieb's site is an SSVT uniform, and it should have an AH cuff title. He has sold this piece before, in fact.

I have illustrated authentic pieces elsewhere on this site.

An LAH uniform as it emerged from its hiding place in US Southwest three years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images New to the site, and love what i see so far. 

In detail. You won't find this sort of thing each weekend in a swap meet or a flea market.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New to the site, and love what i see so far.  

Another example, tailored in Berlin. It had a wire woven cuff title versus the hand embroidered piece above. This piece was tailored, versus the issued piece with the VA stamp above.

Naturally, all of these are faked, but real uniforms are unmistakable when compared to the fakes because of what one can only call patina, even in textiles.

SSVT uniforms are quite rare, especially to find them with un fumbled badges.

Even an Allgemeine SS uniform with un touched badges is pretty special to my small mind.

I realize that others denigrate such a thing, but: "jedem das Seine!"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New to the site, and love what i see so far.  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2