Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New SS dot pattern (erbsenmuster) set

Article about: Great to see Scott, very nice indeed Nick

Default re: New SS dot pattern (erbsenmuster) set

Great to see Scott, very nice indeed

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SS dot pattern (erbsenmuster) set
    P
    Many

Thanks Nick, I love that image of Otto Spronk, and also the photo studio shot of him before he "aged" in battle.

?

Quote by Scott A Hess View Post
    Hello Trikot, thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here, nice to meet new collectors and ideas. The jacket on the far right is indeed a dot wrapper, with dot panzer pants, and the field grey is an unissued M43, it just has a sleeve eagle, nothing else. I'll have to borrow a camera, as I don't want to buy a new one now. If you want to see more of anything in particular, just let me know, happy to post and share.
    It's really smart collecting on your part. These are pieces that scream originality in wonderful condition. No explanations needed.

When you're ready ready I'd love to see the sleeve eagle stitching and stamps on the M-43.

Quote by Tricot View Post
    It's really smart collecting on your part. These are pieces that scream originality in wonderful condition. No explanations needed.

When you're ready ready I'd love to see the sleeve eagle stitching and stamps on the M-43.
    Thanks, I'll post them the best I can on Friday.

More shots of the Panzer wrapper with matching panzer dot pants, both unissued and quite fresh. If you click on each individual picture, I believe it will enlarge the photo. The back shows the classic roller slips on the base material, and is much more prounounced than on other pieces. Both jacket and pants show use of different camo runs. This set was purchased from a collector who had TWO complete unissued sets, both identical in construction and condition. The collar reverse shows the minimal attachment to the jacket body, and you have to look close to see the single thread "sine" wave stitching. Interior shows its quite simplistic design and construction. The interior is marked, but only size marked, nothing else, quite difficult to see in these pics and you have to hunt for them with the naked eye. You can if you look very closely just make out some of the markings in the last pic.
    Some repro/fakes do show the roller slips and have reproduced the five colors fairly accurately, however, they still have not succeeded in producing the base material correctly, its always too "modern' looking without all the wartime imperfections found in the production of the cloth itself, reflective of material shortages at this late stage in the war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New SS dot pattern (erbsenmuster) set   New SS dot pattern (erbsenmuster) set  

New SS dot pattern (erbsenmuster) set   New SS dot pattern (erbsenmuster) set  

New SS dot pattern (erbsenmuster) set  

?

Default Re: New SS dot pattern (erbsenmuster) set

Very nice set. Thanks!

Quote by Tricot View Post
    Very nice set. Thanks!
    Your very welcome.

nice Scott,interesting eagle on the first tunic

Scott,

These are nice original pieces. Thanks for showing.

regards, Ty

Thanks Ty and Besslein, the SS dot items have become my favorite area of SS cloth, I don't exactly know why, but there is just something about the pattern that I really like. Everyone has a favorite area for one reason or another, these garments just do it for me. I will post some comparison shots of the two M44 jacket, they are both made by the same maker, and although made by the same contractor, they show varied use of materials, (mostly in the interior construction) but are close twins in overall construction, and are good pieces to study for a collector at any level. This I'm sure will be "old news" to many, but for those just wanting to get into SS dot items, its a good reference point, and some of these details don't pop out at you in the books.I'm always torn with showing "too much" as many probably are, we all know fakers study these items posted here, however, they never seem to replicate everything right, and they obviously don't have access to pre 45 original camo. Buttons, thread, eyehook closure hardware obviously can be found. If one individual is saved from spending 5k on a fake piece, then it's worth it, and knowledge is always the best tool to avoid getting stung by the repros.
    Last edited by Scott A Hess; 10-22-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2