Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

New A-SS tunic

Article about: Lovely tunic, congrats to this fine specimen

Default New A-SS tunic

Hey guys,

I just picked this A-SS tunic up and wanted to run it by you. It has original Russian film stamps inside the lining of the sleeves. At some point in its life it had another board on the other side of the shoulder. You can see signs of the where the head seam was closed and a hole where the button was sewn. I have no idea why there would be another board on it in this location. Maybe the film company thought it looked better?? There is even wear on all of the aluminum wire. My only really concern is the rough, thickness of the black wool. There is perfect nap wear in all the right spots (i.e. cuffs and collar), however the wool is very thick in spots. I have a lot of experience in SA/Political tunics and have never encountered this style of wool before. All of the buttons are SS marked and original sewn.New A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunic

I appreciate any opinions and please let me know if you need any further pictures.

Thanks,

Mark

- - Updated - -

More picsNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New A-SS tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: New A-SS tunic

picsNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunic

?

Very nice tunic from the Leningrad filmstudio!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thank you. A bit of clarification concerning the wool. It is very silky but thicker in nap than I'm use to. It must be because it is an RZM enlisted tunic.

?

To me it looks a proper wool
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I like it, let me know if you are thinking of selling it.

I'm going to be holding onto this one for awhile. I've wanted an original black SS tunic for sometime.

Maybe FB can way in on the tunic?

?

This appears to be a fine depot issued tunic. The label is correct as are the stamps inside the liner. The textiles used are what one expects to see in an enlisted man's tunic. The workmanship in the tailoring is what I would expect to see as well. The insignia may or may not be original to the tunic, but who cares? They are authentic from what I can determine from the photos and this is a very nice piece. Bravo and congratulations.

CMH

Thanks CMH! Great information.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast