Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

New A-SS tunic

Article about: Lovely tunic, congrats to this fine specimen

Default Re: New A-SS tunic

I agree that everything appears to be original material. Standarte 41 was from Berreuth. It is unusual to see collar tabs machine sewn as found on this tunic. I have always been under theimpression that the Russian film companies had drawers full of insignia as they stripped all of their tunics and added whatever they needed for the film they were making. A nice, clean Allgemeine SS tunic. Our colleague F-B is away from the computer these days but I am sure at some point, he will also chime in on this nice piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New A-SS tunic
    P
    Many

Thanks Bob for your information on the tunic . I agree with you on application of the tabs. More often than not, SA tunics have hand applied insignia, however I have owned two examples that were machine sewn and 100% untouched. I have inspected the collar and can find no traces of previous tabs. The insignia is original and has been in place for a long time.

?

Normally the insignia in Russian filmstudios was replaced with runic insignia, I seen several with units number being visited Lenfilm in the end of 80's, but I think the tabs and cufftitle is a western addition to the tunic after tunic sold in the mid of 90's, most of the tunics with cufftitles was SS-VT and ugly filmstudio made
    The numbered cufftitles I've first time meet in the end of 90's from the western sources, from Russian theaters and filmstudios I've seen only combat cufftitles, may be a trophees, as for example- a lot of items in theaters have a museum stock numbers- most probably museums was overloaded with this kind of stuff, and send it to the theaters and filmstudios
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Normally with all film studios,, one would never see this much "correct detail" on the Inside of a tunic! I was looking how the tunic was tappered in and just goes to how you that lower rank SS men could not enjoy the luxuries of the big cats! Nice find Mark!1....Regards Larry

Quote by mseagle View Post
    Thanks Bob for your information on the tunic . I agree with you on application of the tabs. More often than not, SA tunics have hand applied insignia, however I have owned two examples that were machine sewn and 100% untouched. I have inspected the collar and can find no traces of previous tabs. The insignia is original and has been in place for a long time.
    Mark-
    I trust your experienced opinion on the insignia application. There is only so much that one can determine from photographs. With uniforms, only in hand examination can allow for a complete determination. A very nice addition to your collection.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks Bob. The tunic really is a stunning piece in hand.

An update to the thread. Here is the tunic on display with a very nice August Mueller visor from my collection. The shirt is also original. The tie is a high quality reproduction. I hope you guys enjoy.

New A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunic

That's a fabulous ensemble you have there, it looks like it just left the barracks.

Thanks..I appreciate it!

?

NICE!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast