Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

New A-SS tunic

Article about: Lovely tunic, congrats to this fine specimen

?

Default Re: New A-SS tunic

Quote by Francesco View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I really like the tunic but...................I'm not a fun to the litzen on rank tab.I do like to know other opinion.Personally I do not like it,sorry.
    Hi Francesco,

I don't have a problem with the litzen as it appears in the photo. Digital pictures can sometimes portray the item not as it appears to the eye or in hand and my assessment is limited by not being able to touch, look at with and without magnification, and even smell the object. I would be ecstatic with this tunic added to my collection from what I can see.

Regards,

CMH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New A-SS tunic
    P
    Many

Hi CMH,
    thanks for giving your opinion.I personally do not like litzen with the double lines on silver.
    Hope you guys understand what I mean.Sometime is hard to me explain what I mean with my bad English.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New A-SS tunic  

?

Thank you Francesco for the annotated picture, I see what you are getting at. It is just an assumption on my part but I think this appears as such due to the method the litzen is attached to the rank tab. I only have one tab with litzen for me to base a comparison and I must still say I like it.
    New A-SS tunic

I examined this Bayreuth tunic some time prior to its purchase by the present owner, and it is perfectly fine in all details.
    Do let me observe that, in the first instance, when an owner of something posts something here with new pride of possession and hope, I hardly think such is an invitation for a barrage of criticism unless such a person ask for aid with authenticity. I did not see this in this case.
    Many of you own items with which I, personally, have mild doubts, but the pictures are incomplete and is not the goal is that people here post more and not less? The absence of the golden rule in the digital age is very irritating to me, really.
    Thus, do consider that how you call into the forest here is how comes the echo, especially when you want help and someone will not give it to you because of such comportment.
    The other website is the place for everyone freely, and without any regard for the truth or the feelings of others to give vent to childish envy and such.

I warrant you that the photo looks blurred, but the insignia are authentic as is the tunic.

Moreover, the photo that has been laden with arrows is not the clearest picture of the badge, and the other images well show the Litzen in question, which, to my mind, when I saw it, conformed to type.....that is, the Litzen in real life look like those in my friend CMH's Stammabteilung Montur.

New A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicI have a Stammabteilung Montur, too! And here are its Litzen.... I thank Bob Hritz and Joe Texas Ueber Alles for this wonderful item.

I personally find the sewing of the cuff title to be somewhat rudimentary here, but it is authentic. The tunic was amended to that of the Stammabteilung, and the buttons were moved as the man gained weight. I recall, also, a hysterical and unedifying correspondence with a man who became hysterical that one button seemed to have been moved on a black tunic....such reveals a person who either has never had a button fall off his suit coat or a lunatic.

The images in the Schiffer books, friends, to my mind constitute no base line of the uniforms in the III. Reich. They comprise a tiny, miniscule sample of what in reality was more variety than we can comprehend.

Ergo my displeasure with much of what passes for analysis on these websites with this endless drivel about "textbook." Which textbook? Who wrote it?

No problem .............. I'll keep my opinions to myself so I will not touch the susceptibility to other.

Sorry for that.

Best,
    Francesco

No problem .............. I'll keep my opinions to myself so I will not touch the susceptibility to other.

Sorry for that.

Best,
    Francesco
    Please understand that I am not telling you to keep your opinions to yourself.
    However, you and I can express doubt or ask a question in such a way that aids with work of this site.
    There is no need to apologize, but I do surely and sincerely hope that all here might reflect on my point.
    The photo you chose does, indeed, look slightly odd.

My own approach is to encourage people as much as possible, whereas others here (...and and I do not mean you, Mr. Francesco, please) are on a single minded campaign to encourage doubt and paranoia with a relentless crusade against fakers, and there are others who snidely and with the intention to wound voice doubts and shadows of concern with no sense of responsibility.

Mr. Francesco is not doing this, and I do not mean to criticize him.

Dear Friedrich,
    I really appreciate your intention and excuse my misunderstanding.I want to assure all the member I have no intention to do a crusade.With my linguistic limitations I try to explain my opinions and do not hide them like others do in the other site .

To me the picture looks clear enought.The double linee on the litzen are clear as clear the litze on DrMCH rank tab has only one line and is exactely what I like to see on original example.

Now my intention is to know what others member think on this feature.I have an open mind and also collecting since 30 years I'm still learning.

Regards
    Francesco

Dear Friedrich,
    I really appreciate your intention and excuse my misunderstanding.I want to assure all the member I have no intention to do a crusade.With my linguistic limitations I try to explain my opinions and do not hide them like others do in the other site .

To me the picture looks clear enought.The double linee on the litzen are clear as clear the litze on DrMCH rank tab has only one line and is exactely what I like to see on original example.

Now my intention is to know what others member think on this feature.I have an open mind and also collecting since 30 years I'm still learning.

Regards
    Francesco
    Dear Colleague, Thank you. Your role here is very positive and my comments are really directed at others here with their crusades, their bad manners and yet others more bogus beyond our borders.

I did look at this uniform, and I think it is fine. Of course, I may be in error.

I would also observe that these insignia show many variations. Especially, when a person was promoted, and affixed his insignia in a make shift way. I have also seen the same in present day German uniforms.

There was another Bayreuth patch I disliked, which I showed to David Delich, and he assured me that is authentic. No one knows more than he about this material, but I was, at first, convinced of the incorrectness of something.
    I asked first, however, and sought wiser counsel. David Delich is a fine collector and aid to knowledge.

Thanks to you all.

Sorry for that.

Best,
    Francesco
    Items posted may be discussed and opinions given by anyone out there as this is a discussion forum. We are all here to learn, so if you see something, point it out to the rest of us (in the event that you are wrong, this will be brought to light and no harm done but it is better to be safe than sorry)

William Kramer

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast