Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

New A-SS tunic

Article about: Lovely tunic, congrats to this fine specimen

Default Re: New A-SS tunic

Quote by all1knew View Post
    Items posted may be discussed and opinions given by anyone out there as this is a discussion forum. We are all here to learn, so if you see something, point it out to the rest of us (in the event that you are wrong, this will be brought to light and no harm done but it is better to be safe than sorry)

William Kramer
    But you point out something in a way that adheres to good manners and polite inquiry, which is not the case often times and frequently the thing rapidly turns into a donnybrook.

I am no adherent of the bad manners camouflaged as whatever virtue in the 21st century, and neither is Adrian Stevenson, Bob Coleman, or Richie C...

Mr. Francesco is not either. His posts are polite.

The owner of this item expressed his concern about the black woolen textile, which is slightly heavier than some, or merely a reflection of how this item was stored or used.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New A-SS tunic
    P
    Many

Dear Fiedrich,first of all thanks for your kind words.
    I have no problems with the collar tab or the way it is fixed to the tunic.I'll try to tell a REAL story!!

In Trieste (City here in Italy) there is an old woman that during the war worked in the laundry room to the Grand Hotel.She was not a seamstress,but his job was to shell out all insignia by the Germans Officer uniforms and resewn them afther te tunic were washed.I have a lot of laugh when I read on the other forum people who judge if a tunic is restored or not simply looking at the pictures.The tunic were stripped and resewn many times (The Officers tunic) so how these guys can be sure if a tunic is untouched?

The litzen question is different.I used to own a pretty large insignia collection as time ago these were of my interest (they still are but all my free tabs collection has gone now), and I have never seen litzen with the double line on both sides of the black stripe.I know also other collectors like Robert H. has the same opinion.Of course I can be wrong but at the moment I have encountered such litzen only on bad tabs or for sale as reproduction.

New A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicThank you for the fine intervention. Trieste is a wonderful place of great poetry.
    When I examined the tunic, the badge of the one piece (left) was more or less like this other (right) of my property. I warrant you that it does not seem thus in the photos, but my memory of the thing was that it was more or less standard, Perhaps I was in error.
    Perhaps the photography is bad.
    Thank you for your learned opinion and we enjoy your posts very much.
    Your fine story of the Trieste seamstress is exactly the data needed to upend the stupid ideas nourished by internet loud mouths, who likely do not know what a seamstress is, and who own no clothes made of real wool....

New A-SS tunicTrieste und Sissi. I think the combination of the Alps and the Adria is perfection, in fact.

Dear Friedrich,
    mey be I'm wrong but if you look closely to the litzen on the rank tab that started this thread,the double linee on both side to the black stripe are clearly visibles as clearly visibles are the single linee on both sides to the other rank tabs posted here.

You can notice this feature also on serious book like Uniforms of the Waffen SS by M.Beaver where are published some good tunics from good collectors.You will find no one litzen with the double linee.

I have take some quick pictures to some of my rank tabs with litzen+2 shots to an unused litzen I own.
    I'm sure that if you look at your tunics all the litzen are as they will be............only one line.

Here is the tab that started the thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New A-SS tunic  

Here are some of my litzen (I will post some more as I have the time)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New A-SS tunic   New A-SS tunic  

New A-SS tunic   New A-SS tunic  

New A-SS tunic   New A-SS tunic  

Thank you for the nice images. You have fine material. Perhaps you are right. I looked at this uniform about ten years ago. Are you suggesting that the loose Litze is fake in addition to what is on the tunic?

Hi Friedrich,
    the loose litzen I posted is original.

Quote by Francesco View Post
    Hi Friedrich,
    the loose litzen I posted is original.
    Do you have any extra, as I need some and will pay handsomely for it....!
    Thanks. Very grateful for your nice images and fine collection. I wish I were in Trieste, and could drink coffee and look at the Adria.

Also, I have need of a Sturmbannfuehrer single shoulder cord, if you have any loose insignia you wish to sell.
    Peter Jenkins does not seem to post anymore, and I relied on him for such things.

thanks again.

PS the above insignia are to complete uniforms that were denuded by insignia collectors in a former era.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-30-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Do you have any extra?, as I need some and will pay handsomely for it....!
    Send me a PM because I can't to you.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast