Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

new work on Allgemeine SS in German

Article about: This catalog of the exhibition at the Prinz Albrecht Strasse new museum is first rate.

Default new work on Allgemeine SS in German

Have returned from two weeks in Berlin, where I found this excellent new work on the Allgem. SS. It is not a picture book, but it is a very comprehensive examination of a subject that interests some of us, and which will have merit for some of you, as well. new work on Allgemeine SS in German

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement new work on Allgemeine SS in German
    P
    Many

Default Re: new work on Allgemeine SS in German

Many thanks for the hint. Just ordered my copy!

There certainly is far too little literature on the subject of the Allgemeine SS, especially when compared to the wagonloads of material (of greatly varying quality) that is available on the Waffen-SS.

This work is scholarly and would distress some of our readers, whereas it will please others who are diligent. The pictures are actually quite bad, but that's not the point.
    The man has worked through all the real sources with great effect. This is the first book of its kind and part of a new generation of scholars in Germany who have taken a keen interest in all of this material in a very pleasing way.

?

Welcome back FB, enjoyable trip?

new work on Allgemeine SS in Germannew work on Allgemeine SS in Germannew work on Allgemeine SS in GermanThank you, Ben. Here are images from Potsdam. I went to the exhibit in the New Palace of Frederick II on his life and times, as it is the 300th anniversary of his birth.

- - Updated - -

and another.....

?

One day I will visit the palace, looks like you had wonderful weather!

The weather was pretty good, really. Berliner Luft, as it were.

Just got my copy of the book; glancing over the table of contents, I have to say it looks very promising indeed. Luckily, with another week of leave coming up, I will have the time to sink my teeth into it right away.
    Thanks again to F.-B. for bringing the work to attention!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Just got my copy of the book; glancing over the table of contents, I have to say it looks very promising indeed. Luckily, with another week of leave coming up, I will have the time to sink my teeth into it right away.
    Thanks again to F.-B. for bringing the work to attention!
    You are welcome. Some of the book is very oriented to scholarly debates about Nazis and society, which interests me, of course. All the same, I learned a great deal and there is much insightful treatment of many aspects of the Allgemeine SS that receive no sound analysis anywhere else. There is a whole new generation of young scholars at work on the SS in Germany. I have not secured the British picture book on the same subject. This work at hand also connects Himmler and his ilk to some much broader trends in society, culture and the 19th and 20th century. In any case, I knew of this scholar, but did not know that the book existed. I bought several works on Nazis and society of merit while I was in Berlin. I will add the titles here as I receive them. The rest on in the post on their way here.

?

If either of you have time and I know which one that is likely to be it would be appreciated by us non German speakers to read a few translated paragraphs that you might find of particular interest within these publications.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast