Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.

Article about: David Delich writes to me ".....I finally was able to locate a couple of Riker mounts with some SS titles with what appear to be raggedy borders. This appearance sometimes may be due to

Very nice cufftitles David thanks for showing them.I didn't realise silver plated wire was used,I just assumed all bullion was aluminium.
    Cheers
    Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.
    P
    Many

Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Notice the Gehirnbremse on this cap.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Notice the Gehirnbremse on this cap.
    This must be silver wire Friedrich i can see the tarnish to it that you only get on old un-polished silver.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.
    Quote by ddavies View Post
    This must be silver wire Friedrich i can see the tarnish to it that you only get on old un-polished silver.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Yes, indeed, which I why I enclosed these things. The NSDAP kepi was mine, and it now resides in the wonderful Coleman collection.
    The black cap is mine.

Here is an Ehrenwinkel in silver wire. That is, not Alu wire. Photo courtesy of Jenkins.

Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.This tunic of mine also has the Ehrenwinkel in silver wire. Photos courtesy of Shea, but these are
    in my cave of forbidden delights.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-23-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Ehrenwinkel in alu.

thanks too both of you.

Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.
    Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    thanks too both of you.
    Happy ephemera to you all. Arcane unknown unknowns to gladden the hearts of those who should care more about tweets and twerks but cannot.

The silver wire insignia was, of course, a feature of the old army and of the Reichswehr, but was rendered obsolete by the alu. wire, which was easier to care for and evoked the streamlined, art deco aesthetic
    ideal of technology and aviation and such....!

Aluminum was the rage in the 1930s.

It also disintegrates over time, truth be told, whereas the silver wire tarnishes and has a pleasing patina.

The alu. wire gets moist and turns to an awful white powder, which vanishes in a sneeze.

Very nice caps Friedrich.Your cave of forbidden delights must be a sight to behold judging by the very nice items you post over many threads
    Cheers
    Dave.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast