Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Noob Q RE TK collar tabs

Article about: Hi All, I was wondering if the experts here could tell me why there are so many 3rd TK division skull collar tabs - seems Lakesidetrader has quite a few. What makes them all different - year

Default Noob Q RE TK collar tabs

Hi All,

I was wondering if the experts here could tell me why there are so many 3rd TK division skull collar tabs - seems Lakesidetrader has quite a few. What makes them all different - year of manufacture, etc? How does one find out? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Noob Q RE TK collar tabs
    P
    Many

The reason why there are so many of them is that the Death's Head collar patches were not unique to the Totenkopfdivision, but also worn by concentration camp personnel and -guard formations as well as the wartime Totenkopfstandarten.

(They are also very heavily faked.)

There are indeed many different variations depending on period, manufacturer, purpose and rank (horizontal vs. vertical, hand-embroidered vs. machine-embroidered, BEVO vs. flatwire, right vs. left, early vs. late, piped vs. unpiped etc.)

A forum search will show you plenty of examples.

CBH
    ?

Also they recently began to make very high quality Fakes, which are very close to originals.
    Older fakes where rather sloppy but these newer ones are very frighting.

Thanks guys.