Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nordwest cuff title . fake?

Article about: Hi guys, Somebody showed me this cuff title. I have my toughts on this. Is this real or fake? Cheers, Ron

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 946438Here is an Abschnitt cuff title on a cuff, and it is mine, thanks to my fine colleague.
    This one is also on a cuff , but unfortunately this tunic is not 100% complete ..

Abschnitt XXXXV for Strassburg / Strasbourg was as far as I know the very last SS district to be created =
    not occupied , but > annexed < from France in 1940 , into actual Reichs territory .
    Careful surgical incision revealed a paper tag inside of the CT , surprisingly of the rather high " F " category .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nordwest cuff title . fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nordwest cuff title . fake?
    P
    Many

One more Roman numeral , but much lower - so the II could be for :

district number 2 = Chemnitz ,

but also for any member on the staff of a 2nd Sturmbann of any Standarte after 1937 .

Paper tag " B " sewn in , for the band itself + another " B " added for the minimal embroidery , these make perfect sense ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nordwest cuff title . fake?  

An EMPTY cufftitle of 1936 ;

To me a cufftitle for the Sicherheitsdienst , or possibly a leftover sent to the Germanic SS in Holland to be worn like this .

BUT : it could also have been worn by a member of the staff of any Standarte . And then only from 1937 onwards .. ?

I'm trying to keep up , but during the period , people involved must also have had a hard time with all of these ( constantly changing ) regulations - the earlier colored borders must have been a bureaucrats dream .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2