Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

"Not for me. But let other weigh in." An example of idiocy When real material flummoxes the collector

Article about: Our Robert H has a nice ca. 1934 or 5 black enlisted cap for sale which elicited this idiotic statement above on the other site. This cap is completely authentic. I know where it came from,

"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collectorOther images of note.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector
    P
    Many

It is indeed a foolish post made out of ignorance and a desire to take part, but thankfully it was responded to in the manner in which it deserved and if that is what inspired you to post this thread here, then Mr H will be well served by the extra attention that the cap will now gain and he will probably sell it without any further hiccups.

We are indeed lucky on this forum that due to a very few we have access to the fine originals posted here which are not see elsewhere. Though not my area of interest these days, I still applaud the fact that such has been made available here.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You have exactly expressed my sentiment. I understand the desire to take part and to be recognized. I salute that. What makes me very angry is the viciousness out of ignorance or jealousy, and then
    the cowardice of promptly denying responsibility. It is the latter I detest.

We have posted so many images of authentic caps of this type that any serious person can well learn the traits of such things and make an informed assessment.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Such ignorant behaviour is indeed beyond obnoxious and one of the things that drive me up the wall.

It goes without saying that nobody knows everything, and everybody makes mistakes; there is no shame in this. To err is one thing, but to be fully aware of one's own inability to make a qualified contribution to a discussion and then to comment anyway is another thing entirely.

Note to fools:

When it comes to discussions on the authenticity of an item, thou shalt not:

• a) express an opinon without having the slightest understanding of the matter at hand
    • b) post just to mention that you cannot comment on the item
    • c) wait until several knowledgable members have expressed their opinion in order to then "agree" with them.

(Posts of type a) may have the highest potential to cause damage, but all three are equally annoying and superfluous.)

Bravo, Andreas!

I wont comment on any particular members, but the Members to take note of are the ones with explanations to their doubts of any item...No one would ever be against reasoned and intelligent debate as that enhances ones knowledge. This comment would appear to have come from someone with little inexperienced in this area, hopefully he will learn from this and still enjoy this hobby and forum...New collectors need to remember that reputations, Knowledge and the funds to collect these things can only be gained from many years of hard graft, there are no shortcuts

"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collectorI am also sensitive about this species of cap, as I collect them. Hence, I cannot easily abide the spread of misinformation about items upon which I have spent a very large sum of money and far more time in study, as well as the abuse of a fellow collector, whose material is featured prominently in the "Ulrich of England" book on this regalia.

There is much benefit in the liberty that the internet gives to all of us, but there is no merit in the demonstrable shirking of responsibility for one's actions, especially when it harms someone who has been of aid to the rest of us and is well versed.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-24-2015 at 08:24 PM.

"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collector"Not for me. But let other weigh in."    An example of idiocy   When real material flummoxes the collectorblackened head wear without mayhem.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-25-2015 at 02:26 AM.

A lovely piece of early headgear. I don't see it on his site. Sold already?

FB, We helmet collectors also suffer the same idiotic statements when some pass judgement on a helmet with no basis or argument, except to say it's not for them and defer to the "experts" for final evaluation. That's why, if I can not back up my opinion of a helmet, I simply keep my mouth shut. That policy has served me well over the years, and probably will continue to well into the future.

The difference between the two sites is clarified by that ignorant statement. It is likely made by someone who has never even handled a genuine black cap. A wonderful early piece
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Please don't take offense to my ignorance of Advance Dealers but Who is Robert H? Could I possibly get a link to his site?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast