Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Not something u see every day - Schalburg jacket, Denmark

Article about: Please move this post if not placed right, thanks. This is not something one sees every day. A uniform jacket for a member of the Schalburg Corps of Denmark. Breast pocket Inside pocket Jack

Default Re: Not something u see every day - Schalburg jacket, Denmark

Thanks for the interesting images. I am out of my depth with these things above. I only know German black SS uniforms from some years experience, of limited merit.

The black label is not an encouraging sign, but I am sure that the examination of real regalia from Denmark would be enlightening and interesting to all of us.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Not something u see every day - Schalburg jacket, Denmark
    P
    Many

?

Am i right in saying that all SS cuff titles were stitched on the edges with a seven strand silvered or white thread only this jacket has only six strands. Somethings ringing about in my head over this? Please correct me if im wrong only ive passed over items that didnt match to what i heard and i might have made some bad mistakes over this.

Hi Dave, seven strand silver thread borders are what one would expect to see. There is on occasions rare exceptions to this where an original six strand can turn up, but the vast majority of six strand bordered titles are fake. You are right to avoid these. Many six strand titles are fakes from the 1960's and were made in Vienna.

Cheers, Ade.

No french cuffs,not rock cut,you can see where a police or someother patches shadow is under the fake Schalburg sleeve shield,very bad fake shield by the way,among several other obvious problems,sorry Scout.

Smile Re: Not something u see every day - Schalburg jacket, Denmark

The text is the danish translation of "Meine Ehre Heisst Treue" / "Troskab Min Ære"

Thanks for the input so far.

Mfg
    Jesper

The pics are from this site.
    Landsforræderkorpsene[/QUOTE]

Hello Jesper

do you have a picture of backside of the buckle ? Would be nice to post this in the buckle forum

Cheers
    Thomas

Not something u see every day - Schalburg jacket, DenmarkHi Collectors
    The jacket is a mixed up replica. I bought it in 1974 from a danish Militaria seller Lars Zachariassen and I had it on display in Denmark 1985. The jacket was expensive with a price of dkr 6500,- at the time of buying, sadly it was a mistake and a fellow collector got it.
    The jacket is a german federal green police jacket dyed black, the armshield seems to be made upon what Andrew Mollo featured in his book, Uniforms of the Germanic ss in 1973, and messures 6x7cm, the origininal but messures 4,3x5 and is wowen. The armshield was glued on the uniform, which made the section around the badge totaly stiff.
    The cuffband was handembroidered silverwire on a form of RZM armband,we now know the cuffband was made in a BeVo style plain white.The collasunwheel was grey, original is offwhite, backing orange,this has a white cardboard, the only original was as far as I remember the collarpatch with the rank
    I have a note from a danish paper where this jacket is to be seen.Someone was out quick afte the Mollo book to make such problems for collectors.
    I do not now if there is only pictures left or the uniform is still on the run
    here you can see some of the danish badges in my collection.
    Last edited by gentofte; 03-17-2011 at 04:04 PM.

?

Hi Gentofte

Just to clarify: You owned this exact same jacket?

What a coincidence.

Thanks for elaborate input.
    Also thanks for the input from others who have hitherto posted.

I will convey the sentiments about this jacket to the owner. I have no vested interest in this jacket and only posted (if jacket had proven to be genuine) for the benefit of the common pool of knowledge.

Like wise if a fake, the thread hopefully will prove beneficial for those with an interest in such uniforms, so they can avoid any pitfallls.

Though my historic interst lies else where, I was told about this jacket by a friend, who knew, I was into 'WWII stuff,' as he put it.

I have no knowledge about these and bow to the superior knowledge of the forum, as mentioned.

The owner had been told the usual story; one owner jacket since the war, given to the current owner by old man - yadayadayada - you all know the spiel.

As this post was only to show the jacket and not in any way with a mind to sell, I have not been given any info about the cost of the jacket, my only hope is, that the current owner did not pay near as much as gentofte di for the jacket if fake.

.....and I think we have now established, what this is ;- )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2