Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Oberbayern Skull CT

Article about: Hello insignia experts... I like what I see below... but always better to have more opinions for this kind of stuff.... Thank you very much Annoyed from this ads?   P.

Thanks Friefdrich !

Great pic ! I know well this "TK" off. period pic (which of course is already in my ref.achives) !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oberbayern Skull  CT
    P
    Many

Obviously was this band unifom removed... but perhaps not a "black" one...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oberbayern Skull  CT   Oberbayern Skull  CT  

Oberbayern Skull  CT  

nice CT.

Thanks !

Do you think this type of CT could really have been period worn on an "Oberbayern" black tunic ? Or came it too late to be worn...

Mr. d'Alquen is the authority on these themes, but I thought that the Totenschaedel cuff title was introduced for "Oberbayern" in 1938, was it not?
    The machine woven cuff titles also appeared more or less ca. 1937, did they not?
    I am not a cuff title person.
    My "Oberbayern" uniform is of the earlier model, of which I am very glad.

Very nice title, for sure original.
    HH sold one for 2.9. Quite cheap sale for my opinion. Title is out from my head from end of 42 or beg. 43. Mostly seen on green W-SS tunics, as well often to see above or below other titles for the honor to have previously served for Papa Eicke.

Thanks for the inputs guys !

The skull sleeveband was introduced in September 1938. The Verwaltungsamt-SS still had approximately 3,000 'Oberbayern' bands in stock, so the skull pattern was to be worn on the black service dress and the old 'Oberbayern' stock was to be worn out on the field uniform.
    I believe the woven pattern began appearing in 1939.
    An interesting aside is that when the prototype cuffband was sent for approval to the SS-Hauptamt in August, Loerner (Head of the SS-VA) mentioned that he thought the skull didn't look very good. He thought that the old 'Oberbayern' band would be retained and a skull sleeve diamond would be adopted by the regiment.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    The skull sleeveband was introduced in September 1938. The Verwaltungsamt-SS still had approximately 3,000 'Oberbayern' bands in stock, so the skull pattern was to be worn on the black service dress and the old 'Oberbayern' stock was to be worn out on the field uniform.
    I believe the woven pattern began appearing in 1939.
    An interesting aside is that when the prototype cuffband was sent for approval to the SS-Hauptamt in August, Loerner (Head of the SS-VA) mentioned that he thought the skull didn't look very good. He thought that the old 'Oberbayern' band would be retained and a skull sleeve diamond would be adopted by the regiment.
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast