Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Odal rune raute...

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I need again your help see the "Raute" below please. Manufacturing seems correct and I like it , thoughts will be welcome Thank you very much. P.

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    Thanks Andreas !
    Andreas is our best and most subtle teacher.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-10-2016 at 02:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odal rune raute...
    P
    Many

The assumption that the use of Fussstandarten is a product of post war secondary works is incorrect; it was indeed period terminology as this page from the 1938 Jahrbuch shows.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odal rune raute...  

Aha. I had not seen this fact. However, the other sources use a different term. Thanks for the addition.

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,

I need again your help

see the "Raute" below please.

Manufacturing seems correct and I like it ,

thoughts will be welcome

Thank you very much.

P.
    And... What's your opinion about the "F" taxe level on the RZM tag please.

Thank you very much,
    P.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odal rune raute...  

Mr. Pascal , over the last years I have built up quite an interest for the RAUTEN of all different kinds , and I can assure you that not a single ( known ) other specimen of Bullion RuSHA was ever rated over the grade " B " .

There are of course some discrepancies to be found in ratings in these tags .
    But normally , the higher the letter , the more complicated the workmanship , and I will assume this to be common knowledge .
    In this case , IMHO that distance in rating between the " B " for a simple embroidery = for a bullion Odal rune like this ,
    and the " F " = quite high & normally for a far , far more complicated bullion embroidery
    ( = like a complicated Totenkopf bullion skull ) , to me seems just too large ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odal rune raute...   Odal rune raute...  

Quote by Winkelman View Post
    There are of course some discrepancies to be found in ratings in these tags .
    But normally , the higher the letter , the more complicated the workmanship , and I will assume this to be common knowledge .
    In this case , IMHO that distance in rating between the " B " for a simple embroidery = for a bullion Odal rune like this ,
    and the " F " = quite high & normally for a far , far more complicated bullion embroidery
    ( = like a complicated Totenkopf bullion skull ) , to me seems just too large ..
    Hello Winkelman,
    Thanks for the opinion, agree with you,
    But in this case, what's about some "simple" embroidery of some SS shooting markmanship Rauten with a "D" level taxe RZM tag on the back as seen in the Ulrich of England book...

Odal rune raute...Odal rune raute...Odal rune raute...Where is the primary source in the RZM documents that governs this item?

To be frank, granted the number of errors in the books of the certain personage on this theme cited here by others, I look in vain for an authoritative source.

Some of us have included these sources after huge effort and much inquiry.

I thank Wim Saris and Derek C. for their signal contributions to this effort, but the many others, who have access to wonderful primary documents.

Such an effort here is warranted and necessary.

Repeating derivative collector lore hardly advances the frontiers of knowledge.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-20-2016 at 11:49 PM.

Odal rune raute...Odal rune raute...Odal rune raute...Like this:

Thanks Friedrich,

Dealer is asking 800,00 €...
    I do not find any other for sale elsewhere...(or perhaps on the brown forum at 1200.-) So thoughts will be welcome about an average price of this kind of "Raute".
    Thank you.
    P.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast