MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Officers SS Tunic?

Article about: This pic is the side of a Heer cap, same detail as the panzer.

?

Default Re: Officers SS Tunic?

Thank You for that information. The thing is, I know that the buttons have been replaced, so my problem is, until someone can prove for definite that it isn't an SS raincoat/tunic, the dury is still out.
    Especially now that I've been told that the company who made this were making SS clothing to.

What I really need is a picture of one to compare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officers SS Tunic?
    P
    Many

Simple logic will tell you this cape has problems. An SS-BW stamp indicates the item was manufactured by the the SS clothing works. A Klepper label indicates it was manufactured by that company. It can't be both.
    d'alquen.

?

Now that is a completely logical reply. Thank you. One last thing though just to clear this up once and for all. Was the 'BW' just a clothing works, manufacturing uniforms etc, or was it also a 'Depot' bringing in Uniforms and raincoats! from around Germany and Stamping them once approved.

?

well, here goes. this will be my first post and I hope I am doing it correctly.

I have come to this site whenever I needed to know something.
    I only have a couple decades under my belt and have only collected headgear. I stay with common items I believe I know.

There is so much I have never had my hands on enough to know if they are real and so many things that are so far out of my comfort zone that I would not want to risk it. I do know that based on what I have learned here, I bought a Heer Panzer m-43 and a Heer Gebrigsjaeger, Austrian maker cap. It was here I learned the construction of Austrian caps that gave me comfort enough to make the purchases. I got these caps at different times and from different sources.

The constant was the site has always had good information. I can learn from advanced collectors what reference books to buy and so many details of headgear.

I am surprised at the patience of these experienced collectors as they give the benefit of their knowledge to those who know so little.
    I read their responses and look at their pics they so generously share. It is a breathe of fresh air to have this site to visit.

That brings me to say thank you for all you do for those who do benefit from where you once were. You have spent much time making the road smoother for others. If it were not for this resource, I would find it very hard to continue my collecting. The days of veteran aquired items has fairly much passed. The gunshows have changed and the prices are higher. Reproductions are prolific. That you have taken an interest and created a community like this is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Quote by julian View Post
    Thank You for that information. The thing is, I know that the buttons have been replaced, so my problem is, until someone can prove for definite that it isn't an SS raincoat/tunic, the dury is still out.
    Especially now that I've been told that the company who made this were making SS clothing to.

What I really need is a picture of one to compare.
    Please read what d'Alquen had to say here above once more and then search on this site, where we (he and I) discussed these garments. Also, please read the threads on the SS clothing system already prepared by us at some earlier date. We have appended images of capes ad nauseum. Your piece is likely a post war item which has been stamped with a bogus stamp, like thousands of others. Real SS regalia of this kind is highly rare.

Quote by jws54 View Post
    well, here goes. this will be my first post and I hope I am doing it correctly.

I have come to this site whenever I needed to know something.
    I only have a couple decades under my belt and have only collected headgear. I stay with common items I believe I know.

There is so much I have never had my hands on enough to know if they are real and so many things that are so far out of my comfort zone that I would not want to risk it. I do know that based on what I have learned here, I bought a Heer Panzer m-43 and a Heer Gebrigsjaeger, Austrian maker cap. It was here I learned the construction of Austrian caps that gave me comfort enough to make the purchases. I got these caps at different times and from different sources.

The constant was the site has always had good information. I can learn from advanced collectors what reference books to buy and so many details of headgear.

I am surprised at the patience of these experienced collectors as they give the benefit of their knowledge to those who know so little.
    I read their responses and look at their pics they so generously share. It is a breathe of fresh air to have this site to visit.

That brings me to say thank you for all you do for those who do benefit from where you once were. You have spent much time making the road smoother for others. If it were not for this resource, I would find it very hard to continue my collecting. The days of veteran aquired items has fairly much passed. The gunshows have changed and the prices are higher. Reproductions are prolific. That you have taken an interest and created a community like this is very much appreciated. Thank you.
    Thanks for your thanks, in turn. The consolidation of this site has been gratifying and noteworthy as our progress has unfolded amid the sharp decline of the other sites, where vicious and infantile behavior are the norm. Austrian regalia is always nice, surely, granted the history at arms of Habsburg and the successor states. Pleas show us your Austrian Kappen.

Servus.

?

It would be an honor to post pics of my Austrian caps.
    It is quite an honor to even address one who knows so much.
    I was up all night reading about SS labels and markings.
    Now comes the embarrassment. I am in the process of building a Summer home in the country and have put many things in storage. It is so very frustrating not to be able to put my hands on a real M-43 cap, that I wish I would have left one out for a "fix".

I did not. I have a new camera which I am mastering. I have avoided technology long enough. I was reticent to post and mention my caps as I had always thought I may be asked to "show them". There is the embarrassment of being so unprepared. I was however compelled to post for reasons other than showing off my caps. I will master this thing and unbox them and have them up here for any to see. I cannot answer for the day, suffice to say it will occur.

Thank you

Thanks for yours. No need to apologize for anything. There is no requirement here to share your items. We are glad you are building a summer house. I should have done so instead of buying too many of these things with labels. How can an adult write about labels in eighty year old clothes, I ask you? If I had devoted my life to productive pursuits without an obsession with RZM tags, I might have gotten the endowed chair a the Ivy League university....

I need a 12 step program to overcome my RZM label addiction.

It must be a derivative of the age of designer fashion, whereby the labels are worn on the outside.

The Nazis wore them on the inside, at least.

If you spend any time in Austria, you will become acquainted also with a bureaucratic minds set that gives rise to labels of all kinds, that is, the need for papers, stamps, labels et cetera. It is also true in my native country, too, of course, without the Austrian charm.

I was in Vienna recently and am headed back there for some of the winter.

Happy headwear and show us your treasures when you can. You are welcome here and we profit from your contributions.

Here are some labels....you can see that my 12 step program has been a failure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officers SS Tunic?   Officers SS Tunic?  

Officers SS Tunic?   Officers SS Tunic?  

Attached Images Attached Images Officers SS Tunic? 

?

This will be my first attempt at posting a picture. I hope it works, that would be miraculous.

With all the mentors in this forum, it puts me to come up to speed or get the hell out of the way,...

This will be the Austrian M-43 panzer I had promised to post.

If it goes well, I can show flaps down and why it's Austrian due tothe subtle differences in construction.

I'm crossing my fingers.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officers SS Tunic?  

?

I'm going to make a guess this one worked as well, I can only thank all those who posted such great tutorials on how to upload pics.

This should show a pic of the flaps seam which has been cut short and does not continue all the way down to the end of the flap. You will see this in the back and other places around the cap. I can see why it is done as it makes the hat lay better and does not "double-up" on the edges

This is my understanding of a detail to look for in Austrian caps.

I will show an Army next, same details.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officers SS Tunic?  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast