Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Officers tab

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold I am also at pains to share my heap to others for the betterment of all, since as Bob Coleman told me yesterday, that there is no substitute for actually examining this

Default Officers tab

Hi guys
    Need some help with this one.
    Is it OK?

Thanks

George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officers tab   Officers tab  

Officers tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officers tab
    P
    Many

Default Re: Officers tab

Officers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabCompare. I do not like the badge cloth in your piece, not the Sternchen.

Officers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabProper badge cloth is 100 % wool, and of a much finer hand than other woolens. Such was plainly not the case later in the war, of course. The Alu Sternchen are also used in a type in the Bw today, as well as a Neusilber type.

Especially see my RZM illustration as to the composition of various textiles, i.e. Spiegeltuch and elsewhere Besatztuche.

I do not really collect Waffen SS thingies, and I will leave that to others.

I personal do not like the cloth, but I am no expert by any means. Look forward to hearing what others think.

I'm starting to like it. This one is beyond my expertise, sorry for the contradicting answers.

?

The silver twist wire appears to be 2 cords twisted together. I believe originals were 3 cords.

I dont like the tab that started the thread imo it is a reproduction.
    Cheers
    Dave

Officers tabOfficers tabOfficers tabThe alu piping looks off, too, do compare the 1st images to my enclosures.

i have to agree with everything said so far. the cloth is bad as is the piping.

i don't know what it is with that wool but it's strange. and you can never really tell because lighting and photos vary so much... but the piping looks "brassy", "bright" or something. sorry i can't be more exact but it just doesn't look right to me the way it appears in light.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast