Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Officers TK Tab

Article about: Hi All, I'm new to the forum but not new to collecting. Ive been a firearms collector for 25 yrs and various WWII items for about 15.Anyway i picked up this TK tab some yrs back at a Gun/Mil

Fighter Ace
    ?

Default Officers TK Tab

Hi All, I'm new to the forum but not new to collecting. Ive been a firearms collector for 25 yrs and various WWII items for about 15.Anyway i picked up this TK tab some yrs back at a Gun/Militaria show and believe it is real but ive never really had it checked out. The background appears to me as velvet/felt it has hardened and shrunk a bit i guess from how it was stored in a damp basement or garage? As you can see it has cracked as well.The skull threads are woven tight and it is stiff and the backing has discolored.Ive had it under my UV light and No part of glows at all.Thank's Ray
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officers TK Tab   Officers TK Tab  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Officers TK Tab

Not good, I am afraid.

Sorry,
    Brad

Quote by bwanek1 View Post
    Not good, I am afraid.

Sorry,
    Brad
    Could you please tell us people who like to learn why it is not good?
    I must admit it is one of my pet hates when people answer with not good or fake and leave it at that.

To be fair, it gets up my nose when the first post from anybody is "good or bad"

This tab is far from being correct, apart from the loose stitching wrong material sloppy edging mis-aligned bones, plus embroidery not being tight enough, incorrect backing material.........do you want me to go on?

I think its safe enough when Brad says its bad, there really is no more to say
    Attached Images Attached Images Officers TK Tab 

zum Vergleich. Apologies to colleague Hritz for pilfering his badges. For the beginner without access to authentic Handarbeit Stickerei of the period, there is faint hope of mastering these badges. Those handful who have had access to same through the years have a skill or craft or art that also relies on imponderables of comparing the original to these electric photos. Each of these piece was and is an Unikat, that is, it is unique as it was made by hand in piece work.
    Such factors bear keeping in mind in the search for this insignia of an organization that by modern standards was quite small and a species of insignia that was in use for just a few years.

The demand outstrips the supply and the factors in play are not adequately addressed by the electronic shell game we play here.

It took me forty plus years to find just one of these things, in fact...
    The real ones are concentrated in very few hands and the fakers use the images we post to improve their devilish craft.

Happy embroidery.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officers TK Tab  
    Attached Images Attached Images Officers TK Tab 

eine Probe mit dem RZM MPA Zeichen

Also Mr. Bwanek knows what he is talking about, in fact.

FB stunning as always, and a master of the "English" language. well done sir!

Here's a variation I picked up this week end, when i get around to it it'll be on my update

of these from an old collection broken up in the present decade...not my property...

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    FB stunning as always, and a master of the "English" language. well done sir!

Here's a variation I picked up this week end, when i get around to it it'll be on my update
    Danke schoen, but I only own one of these thingies attached to a uniform. The rest are images I have stolen from websites over the years for just this purpose. I try to pay close attention to those personages with some insight into these objects.

I collect caps and black uniforms, but also the electronic images here in the web. Raised to believe in citations, I try to add some visual documentation to my assertions out of courtesy to others and because I am neither oracle nor sage.

Contrary to the spirit of the age of kiss and tell or to show all, here is the offending object with its badges covered.

The uniform is not unlike this historical example. You will notice that this young SSTV man ca. 1937 or 8 wears badges with alu hand work embroidery. This image is courtesy of the great David Bunde, master of portraiture photos. The identity of this man and his fate are known to those who remain silent, to say nothing of his clothing. No doubt the black woolens turned to dust or ashes a long time ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast