Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

One single D-letter collar tab

Article about: Hi all, Another single item from my first thread; one single D-letter collar tab. Please let me know what you think, all feedback welcome

Hi All, thanks for the comments and the photo's. I didn't get rid of the filler material, I still have it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement One single D-letter collar tab
    P
    Many

Quote by Storm23 View Post
    Hi All, thanks for the comments and the photo's. I didn't get rid of the filler material, I still have it.
    Why take something apart that could be perriod original?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

CBH
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Why take something apart that could be perriod original?
    He must have taken the repro replies to heart . But I feel this was rather premature .
    I still like the looks of this tab . But I'm no expert .
    Cheers

IF at all original , that " 4 corner " thread would have been an integral part of the structure . Here's an original tab with more common filler material , where thread was used to hold the cloth in place . This does not necessarily indicate a repair .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture One single D-letter collar tab  

?

What a unfortunate situation, to have damaged an original scarce relic or a fake item taxing us all

Quote by Anzel View Post
    What a unfortunate situation, to have damaged an original scarce relic or a fake item taxing us all
    My feeling on the piece that it was an original period tab. I have seen this form of buckram on several early SA tabs. A lesson should be learned from this by all. Do not rush to judgement due to one or two opinions. In this case, it did not appear that anyone stated this was an out and out fake.
    A sad commentary on how the new collector's mind thinks.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Sad and perhaps a costly one... I for one have a "Junk Drawer"... But every now and then I research for better information... I do not sell any of my items.... Especially "Faked" ones so that a item deemed "Bad" won't end up in someone's collection in the future... Or anywhere ...From me at least !! Just my two cents... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I think it stands a big chance, I like the structure of It.

?

Nah, its not completly destroyed. He still has the removed pieces. nothing is cut away (hopefully)

So i hope it turns out good after all.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    My feeling on the piece that it was an original period tab. I have seen this form of buckram on several early SA tabs. A lesson should be learned from this by all. Do not rush to judgement due to one or two opinions. In this case, it did not appear that anyone stated this was an out and out fake.
    A sad commentary on how the new collector's mind thinks.
    I agree 100%. Not that any item should be cut up but this one is especially sad to see disfigured.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast