Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion - Collar Tabs

Article about: by youthcollector1 What bothers me the most is the white thread. Attachment 555107 I must agree that I do not like the construction of these tabs. The silver piping(not black and white)is no

Default Opinion - Collar Tabs

Hey All;

Long time listener, first time poster I was hoping to get your opinions on these tabs, I'm not 100% as to their authenticity or if they're fakes. I've searched the forum and read a bunch of threads but still can't come to any conclusions, I'm definitely no expert on anything SS. Any help is much appreciated.

Opinion - Collar TabsOpinion - Collar Tabs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion - Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

Hi Woody
    I don't have much experience with these type of tabs.The piping looks different to what i'm used to seeing.There is many members here far better qualified to comment than i.
    I hope for you it is good news.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Thanks! That's why I posted here, I know there are a lot of qualified people I got a good deal on them, so even if they're not authentic it's no big loss...

They are looking ok, It looks like they were stuck on something(book,cardbord) from the glue residue left on the back.
    Morris

Thanks KMM, that's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. I've never owned any SS items before. This may be a dumb question, what is their worth? With the pips and runes not present I haven't the slightest idea. I purchased them for $15 CAD.

?

They didn't always have runes. This black and white twisted piping is the early style.

Thanks Dean I didn't know about the different pipings and their meanings. I do know that not all tabs have the runes, I just don't know how that would affect their value.

I collected some Heer and Luftwaffe back in the day but got out and focused on RAF with a penchant for NZ items, my knowledge of SS items is minimal, thanks for the tips

?

Yeah, same here. My first item I ever bought was an SS armband and luckily it was real. Other than that , I only have a few other SS items. They are rarer than the other branches and far more expensive. This black and white twisted piping is pre 1940 or pre war, if I remember.

Also, welcome to our fine forum! You will find a lot of friendly people here to aid you and hopefully you will be a longtime member.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    They are looking ok, It looks like they were stuck on something(book,cardbord) from the glue residue left on the back.
    Morris
    Can you please attribute your opinion to a reference. Just saying, yes, they look good, or no, they're bad, is not helpful to the original poster.

Whatever these are, they once had two pips, but no longer do, which is also very telling.
    Also, this style of tab was used by many, to include the SD, non Germanic forces, as well as many others.

I'd, personally, like to see these in person before passing judgment and from the photos provided, do not like them. The tab is incorrect considering the rank it was, or even the rank it is now.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-17-2013 at 08:22 PM.

What bothers me the most is the white thread.
    Opinion - Collar Tabs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast