Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion needed please. Thanks for sharing

Article about: Hi Everyone: I am new to the forum. Can I get an opinion on these SS tabs. I see that SS cloth is a mine field so I would defer to those that know a lot more than I do in this field. Thanks

frankfp
    ?

Default Opinion needed please. Thanks for sharing

Hi Everyone: I am new to the forum. Can I get an opinion on these SS tabs. I see that SS cloth is a mine field so I would defer to those that know a lot more than I do in this field.
    Thanks if they are fake, can I get a brief explaination why so i don't make the same mistake, or if original, why they are original.Opinion needed please. Thanks for sharingOpinion needed please. Thanks for sharingOpinion needed please. Thanks for sharing

2. # ADS

They are fake, or more precisely, they are not so much fake as fantasy: There was no collar patch combining the "Death's Head" with a lightning bolt symbol.

But even if that lightning bolt wasn't there, they could still be recognized as fake.

As for reasons, compare the quality of the workmanship and the details of the material and construction with the numerous originals found here.

HPL2008 said it all! Those tabs are junk...

Quote by frankfp View Post
    I see that SS cloth is a mine field so I would defer to those that know a lot more than I do in this field.
    You can take that statement one step further and just say that the collection of ANY type of SS militaria is a veritable minefield. Given the desirability of SS pieces, there are tons of reproductions of any given item, so you have to carefully scrutinize any potential purchase. You were wise to come here and seek the advice of those who have studied these items extensively. If you take the time to research the pieces you're interested in, you'll end up making the right choices, which will help you build a nice authentic SS collection. You'll also discover the fine quality and craftsmanship of original SS pieces, as well as the history behind them, which will enhance your enjoyment of the hobby! I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors!