Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

original?

Article about: The authentic item is made of textiles that are, despite all claims of heaps of old cloth left over that have been whipped into perfect frauds, fairly unique. Moreover, the handicraft, art,

FB and Bob, you blokes never cease to amaze me with your knowledge on these uniforms, I can look through all these threads and I just cannot for the life of me distinguish between an original piece and a fake, it doesn't seem to matter how long I stare at the various photos, I just can't see it! It is great to have your collective knowledge here, thanks for all your efforts gents. I would certainly be posting any tunic I was interested in here before I parted with a cent, you gents are a credit to our forum, Thanks,
    Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original?
    P
    Many

Thanks to you all for your fine contributions to this site. Mr. Toncar has a world renowned collection, and I am glad he shares here.
    Such collaboration poses a contrast to the norm, which is usually that of rancor and the manipulation of facts by a few for selfish gain, or for the sheer pleasure in generalized chaos.
    In this connection, I recall here the memory of John Pepera, whose generosity with knowledge formed a monument to his collection, which has now been spread to all points of compass.
    But the success of the sale of his property was assured by his engagement in these spaces to the betterment of others.

When I am free of my duties in a while, I will try to explore other facets of these uniforms for a beginner, but you others can do, as well.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 695373Attachment 695374Attachment 695375Attachment 695362Attachment 695363Attachment 695364Trikotage and the real Ehrenwinkel, which is another feature of insignia, which we will analyze below.
    Further material to serve as a basis for future comparison regarding the Ehrenwinkel:
    original?

These are found, as illustrated in FB's post above, either directly affixed to the right sleeve or first attached to a triangular black backing and then sewn on. The "V" shape is found in silver and aluminum wire, the silver wire being of earlier use. Aluminium was later used for ease of maintenence and as an improvement in materials as it does not tarnish, though, it does degrade with time. FB has elaborated on this in his many excellent posts that can be located within this forum.

The following is an example of the silver wire version.
    original?

The following are courtesy of R. Hassler and are a different view of the subject of this post in aluminium wire :

original?

original?

Just as there are differing materials in the base textiles of the garment, one finds variations in the materials used for embroidery of insignia. The above is just one brief example.

CMH

Thanks to Dr. CMH for the further useful data.

?

The SS runes collar tab was designed especially for LAH, later in W- SS it became a wider use. But in a black uniform the tab must be worn with similar cufftitle. IMhO- the tunic is fake
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Venezia vanished. I had a nice correspondence with this person prior to said event.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Further material to serve as a basis for future comparison regarding the Ehrenwinkel:
    original?

These are found, as illustrated in FB's post above, either directly affixed to the right sleeve or first attached to a triangular black backing and then sewn on. The "V" shape is found in silver and aluminum wire, the silver wire being of earlier use. Aluminium was later used for ease of maintenence and as an improvement in materials as it does not tarnish, though, it does degrade with time. FB has elaborated on this in his many excellent posts that can be located within this forum.

The following is an example of the silver wire version.
    original?

The following are courtesy of R. Hassler and are a different view of the subject of this post in aluminium wire :

original?

original?

Just as there are differing materials in the base textiles of the garment, one finds variations in the materials used for embroidery of insignia. The above is just one brief example.

CMH
    Dr. CMH's schwarzes Korps image is pleasing. I should get a set of such Puppen for such an Aufmarsch.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-20-2014 at 04:13 AM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dr. CMH schwarzes Korps image is pleasing. I should get a set of such Puppen for such an Aufmarsch.
    Thank you, FB. I enjoy the three dimensional appearance with the tunics displayed on a torso form and I am pleased to share the images with you and the other members of this nice forum.

Best regards,

CMH

original?
    Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Thank you, FB. I enjoy the three dimensional appearance with the tunics displayed on a torso form and I am pleased to share the images with you and the other members of this nice forum.

Best regards,

CMH
    Thanks to you, and happy collecting with your growing schwarzes Korps. I will enlarge your cohort one day, but you save up your ducats and dubloons.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6