Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original?

Article about: I have just been shown this picture of a number of items. Not the best photo in the world but the only one i have. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the various items from w

Quote by Arran View Post
    The Oberbayern cuff is undoubtedly genuine, as these flatwire bands with the "salt and pepper" backing have never been reproduced. I do hold out hope for the other cufftitle too, as I see the remains of an "F" tag on one end, which is a good sign. As said, better pics will be needed to confirm...
    The voice of a great authority who graces us with his wisdom and insight!

I do not really collect cuff titles, unless they are attached to a black uniform.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original?
    P
    Many

Original?This is what Arran means via "salt and pepper."

This is a woven band versus an embroidered one. They cost significantly less at the time. Original?

Does the NSDAP armband look a little off to anyone else?... Material looks fuzzy.. Or maybe it's just the photo.

Stitching on the swastika looks very rough as well...JMO

Of the lot, I see nothing that immediately jumps out as blatantly fake.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

[QUOTE=Arran;1550884]The Oberbayern cuff is undoubtedly genuine, as these flatwire bands with the "salt and pepper" backing have never been reproduced. I do hold out hope for the other cufftitle too, as I see the remains of an "F" tag on one end, which is a good sign. As said, better pics will be needed to confirm...[/

´Salt and pepper´ backing? I tought this was only on bevo-style cufftitles. This Oberbayern ct aint exactly bevo imo.....

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post

´Salt and pepper´ backing? I tought this was only on bevo-style cufftitles. This Oberbayern ct aint exactly bevo imo.....
    The vast majority of woven flatwire cuff titles do have a "salt and pepper" reverse, as illustrated in post 12 above by F-B. These are sometimes referred to by collectors as the "Form 1"; conversely, the "Form 2" has an all black backing, and is not nearly as frequently encountered.

Quote by Arran View Post
    The vast majority of woven flatwire cuff titles do have a "salt and pepper" reverse, as illustrated in post 12 above by F-B. These are sometimes referred to by collectors as the "Form 1"; conversely, the "Form 2" has an all black backing, and is not nearly as frequently encountered.
    Well said. I think this kind of insignia was more or less introduced ca. 1937, in fact.

Arran knows his SS material with a very, very high degree of refinement and we all benefit greatly from him.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Does the NSDAP armband look a little off to anyone else?... Material looks fuzzy.. Or maybe it's just the photo.
    It is of woolen construction, I see no issues with the piece.

With your title, please be more specific,
    Maybe but "Original SS lot" or something along those guidelines.
    Could you provide more close up pictures of the backs of each item?

Warm Regards,

Justin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2