Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this an original SS Tunic & Breeches?

Article about: My thing is Heer so I'm quite rusty when it comes to SS cloth. I've never seen this style tunic with pockets before, but then again I'm only going by what my books show me which is certainly

?

Default re: Is this an original SS Tunic & Breeches?

Andrew -

It was not my intention to talk down to anyone at all, and I apologize to those who have taken my replies as such.

I only wished to stress the importance of reviewing readily-availble research before tasking this forum on this sort of thing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an original SS Tunic & Breeches?
    P
    Many

?

I certainly don't wish to talk down, and apologize if this comes across.

I only want to stress the importance of buying the reference books and comparing their images carefully with prospective purchases. You will learn MUCH more from these accurate pictures than posting simple questions on this site.

A better start to this thread would have been, "This doesn't look original according to the books, but could it possibly be okay?"

Do they call you frog cause your always feeling froggy>? I think these forums are great to learn from and not all of us have books to read and do research on or need to go and buy a book everytime they have a question about somthing.And like said not all books are correct. These forums is what this type of stuff is for IE: questions ,answers,thoughts ect. Maybe you should'nt get so Froggy when someone has a question and doesnt know as much as you or someone else.

And not all of us have every single book out there, as we all know there are so many books , and yet we have this forum, with so much knowledge, and so many people here willing to look, and give their expertise advise.

Would you rather us to not post questions here, its people like that ,that keep me from posting a lot of items for you all to view, because i dont want to get flamed or talked down to.

I thought Adrian said we could post any , and all items for everyone to view, if you dont want to view a persons items, or feel like you need to make a comment, then dont open up the ad.

I plan on making another Paypal donation, but not if i keep running into people telling me and others that give me crap for posting items for people for viewing.

Sure i just bought a crap load of books, but there is nothing like a having an expert look at item, and give us their expertise advice, and information...

Brian

I strongly suggest Andrew Mollos 7 volume series on UNIFORMS of the SS, the three volume Michael Beaver UNIFORMS of the WAFFEN-SS, and the Ltc. John Angolia tome CLOTH INSIGNIA of the SS.

Go ahead and keep posting as we all learn from seeing uniforms, original or not. There are so many copies, on the market, and with the modern Chinese copies, it is always valuable to see what is new on the market.

We all just keep learning and all of us are students of the field of our interest.

Bob Hritz

Thanks for the info on the books, and ill order them as sokn as i check Amazon.com , or eBay for them.

And, yes I'll keep posting ads, but i am sick and tired of certain peoples comments when ever myself or other post things here, It makes some of us not want to post things, because, we are not such experts as the ones flaming whatever we post.

The books dont all ways answer every question.

Brian

Hi Brian, you keep posting.

I can wholeheartly endorse the books that Bob recommends.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Is this an original SS Tunic & Breeches?

Hey, no offense intended to anyone!

Croak.

?

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    I strongly suggest Andrew Mollos 7 volume series on UNIFORMS of the SS, the three volume Michael Beaver UNIFORMS of the WAFFEN-SS, and the Ltc. John Angolia tome CLOTH INSIGNIA of the SS.

Bob Hritz
    All great reference books. Andrew Mollo's vol. 1-6 are available all together in one paperback - much cheaper than buying the 6 individual hardback books. Unfortunitely, vol. 7 is not included in the paperback.
    John Angolia's Cloth Insignia of the SS is out of print and quite pricey when you can find it ($200-$250). Unless you get lucky...

Mike

?

Mollo vol. 7 (Badges) is not important here; buy the combined 1-6 volume if you can. Remember, these are essentially line drawings, rather than photographs, but they are still the standard reference work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast