Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Otto Skorzeny Grouping Sold At Auction

Article about: A wonderful, original grouping of Otto Skorzeny material was sold today at auction by Mohawk Arms. I first saw this grouping, which was sold by his daughter, in 1970 at a Ohio Valley Militar

?

Default Re: Otto Skorzeny Grouping Sold At Auction

Ade many thanks for the photos and the link,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Otto Skorzeny Grouping Sold At Auction
    P
    Many

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    i hope i dont sound sychophantic but i feel the atmosphere here is down to ade stevensons presence, everyone i know respects him and likes him,,,,,,,,,personally i hate him but the fact we have a fair, respectful, tolerent and very obliging boss here helps to keep this forum head and shoulders above the others that continually bicker and cast opinions on other members items. {thats a tenner mate}
    I wish to associate myself with the above statement. Adrian S. is a fine man and an example of fairness and decency. One need hardly note that other sites have collapsed into a kind of dung heap. One also notes how infrequently anything of merit gets discussed on other sites, or when a once in a life time piece of regalia appears, it is derided by some as "ugly."

Hi Guys, thanks you for the kind words, you make me blush, but the site is made by it's members, not me. (The £10 is in the post )

I think that group was cheap at the price. I would love to see it in detail someday. If anyone knows the new owner please exttend to him or her a welcome to here.

Cheers, Ade.

I concur that Ade had the foresight to provide a Forum for all of us who were tired with the petty bickering, uninformed opinions and outright rudeness. Ade, many thanks.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

greg koepp
    ?

Well I'll jump in if you will, I hate all Moderators!! not on this site though.. lolol...
    I'll tell you I've known and have been around this set of items for the last few years or so, my good friend owned it, sad that the world ***** right now. The cost of everything is down, last year I told him if he sold it he'd get about $150.000 if not more. (in the right Auction house) I know he's still happy for what it sold, but know the collection is really worth allot more than what it went for in this economy.

I hate it when morons who think they know all on the Forums start making statements when they shouldn't, and have their secret friends back'm up. That starts making a 100% good item questionable?? Afew on another site (you know) are saying that they'll give hands on for a price and you'll get a letter from them saying it's good?? wow wish I was that good?? Bob maybe you should,.,. LOL!!!

Look were all learning, even if you've been collecting like Bob or others for 30+ years, I'll bet you they still find things that intrigues them, or haven't seen on a monthly basis.

Well here's a shot I took of the Award that was given to Otto by the Bund for Mussolini's rescue that Bob was talking about.

thanks greg koepp
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Otto Skorzeny Grouping Sold At Auction   Otto Skorzeny Grouping Sold At Auction  

Otto Skorzeny Grouping Sold At Auction  

We are doing our best to keep this site safe and sane. I followed the fight on the other forum. All to predictable and wasteful. Adrian Stevenson is a fine man our goal here is the pursuit of knowledge without rancor. The additional images of the Skorzeny material are interesting. I saw the portrait the Duce gave of himself in charcoal to S. and which the daughter sold to an acquaintance of mine in Europe.

Happy collecting.

Greg-
    Welcome to the Forum. I believe you will find things here a lot less controversial than on the other sites. This is due to responsible leadership from Ade, excellent moderators with a no tolerance policy towards trouble makers and a knowledgable grouping of members.
    When I saw the eagle in Ray's catalogue, all of the grouping came back to my minds eye. I remembered the hats and the tunic but that eagle is one of a kind.
    My Sturmbannfuhrer Alfred Arnold grouping received the same ridiculous treatment on GDC a number of years ago. Thanks to those with big mouths and small cranal cavities, I was able to purchase that wonderful grouping.
    BOB

It is interesting that one of the members at W A is still going on about the fake grouping. It is sad to see someone who holds himself up to the collecting community as an expert and charges for appraisals can be so wrong in this case. How can one condemn anything they have not had an opportunity to either hold in hand or at least examine in detailed pictures?
    Unfortunately, this is the type of mythology that today is cancer among collectors who rely on the Internet for accurate information. Who do you listen to? With knowledge and experience also comes a level of responsibility without having ego involved which is sadly lacking in this case.
    BOB

[ With knowledge and experience also comes a level of responsibility without having ego involved which is sadly lacking in this case.[/QUOTE]

Dear Friend, this laudable idea is utterly alien to many of the denizens of these other sites. And I rather imagine if such exchanges of pro and contra unfolded face to face across a table, the content and tone of the debate would be wholly different. The advances of communication have revived the mentality of the lynch mob of blind followers as well as that of snake oil salesman replete with multiform check lists.

Happy collecting.

greg koepp
    ?

LOLOLOL

well their deleting some of my posts now, and I got another infraction for responding to their hearsay???

Well this site might be my only home soon

lol,.,., I'll be good here!!!

greg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast