Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Otto Skorzeny Grouping Sold At Auction

Article about: A wonderful, original grouping of Otto Skorzeny material was sold today at auction by Mohawk Arms. I first saw this grouping, which was sold by his daughter, in 1970 at a Ohio Valley Militar

greg koepp
    ?

Default Re: Otto Skorzeny Grouping Sold At Auction

Well I hope I didn't piss anyone off here, lol.. I won't I like this site
    I'm suspended again (5th) over there, for doing what the Moderators should have done in the beginning and not let some run off with stupid "I know" with nothing to show?

Look I know anything can be looked at and guessed, good or bad and sometimes your right or wrong, heck you have a 50/50 shot! It's easy to say "well it looked like" after you stand to your guns and die by what you say, but to not even have an open mind and unwilling to investigate yourself if that's whats needed is wrong. How hard would it to be if you wanted to contact an Auction house or past owners of such items if that's whats needed? I understand if they refuse to deal with any member of a Forum, as most big time, high end collectors will never show what they own on such sites. I bet allot of the members of the forums have items in their collections they haven't posted on these sites due to worries or whats said in other posts about such items.

I'm pretty face on with people, I've been that way my whole life and am willing to debate as long as you show your cards and not just guess, or say you know or know someone who does??? Really that won't work for me, I like to be shown so I can learn as I'm learning all the time. If your not you need to move on to something else.

P.S. Bob your right, the Caps were super big, I can palm a basketball and my hand holding one of them didn't look that big...

thanks greg

2. # ADS

Now, I am receiving E-mails telling me that numerous anonymous sources know the grouping is bad. There is also some evidence that some of the documents came out of the Berlin Document Center theft. If that is the case, that is over a decade after the grouping first appeared on the collecting scene. I believe the theft took place in the mid to late 80's. A German national now living in the States was jailed over these thefts. The book keeping was so poor at the BDC, they had no idea what was taken. An old friend of mine was awoken in the middle of the night when the FBI came looking for the file of Klaus Barbi, which he had purchased at a major show.
    All of this is becoming a little silly as there is an attempt to make me change my eyewitness opiniion from 38 years ago. Another version of you poor old guys know nothing and were defrauded so many years ago.
    This is a game I do not wish to play.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Me neither. Cannot we devote ourselves to something more productive now? We do not want this site to go to the lords of the flies, as has the other.

I also am done with this topic. They really want to break my observations.
    I just replied to the writer of three emails in the last 30 minutes that I have no further inclination to discuss the matter. I am really glad I left WA. Too many people who have a psycological need to be right on everything.
    BOB

greg koepp
    ?

Ya I agree,

Bob when I posted most of his Documents on the other site, some of the "jealous" started making statements that they were stolen from that place?? Look, from what I have seen those Doc's have stamps on them and are easy to see, all the ones in the collection are not stolen and have been sent by other members of that site to the Document center for review, I have been told that by the last owner as he was on the phone talking to someone from there due to the stupid allegations!!! P.S. IT PISSED HIM OFF!!!

it took me allot of time to get his trust back after those who thought it couldn't be, tried to cause problems with a 100% correct collection. fact..................................

greg koepp

These dummies do not understand that much of the correspondence was typed in multiple copies. What was in the Berlin Document Center or Nara
    was also sent to the man involved. I have a file on Sturmbannfuhrer Alfred Arnold Jr. from Nara. In it are copies of original douments that I have copies of in the grouping that came from Arnold's sister. Many Germans put their heads in a noose by sending out too many copies of the same order of the day.
    BOB

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    These dummies do not understand that much of the correspondence was typed in multiple copies. What was in the Berlin Document Center or Nara
    was also sent to the man involved. I have a file on Sturmbannfuhrer Alfred Arnold Jr. from Nara. In it are copies of original documents that I have copies of in the grouping that came from Arnold's sister. Many Germans put their heads in a noose by sending out too many copies of the same order of the day.
    See my didactic point above. Carbon paper was once a major item of great importance in the lives of many of us. I doubt that you can buy such a thing in a stationery store any longer. I am not sure that some people even know what a stationery store might be, or what business supplies might have been forty years ago, to say nothing of the year 1939.

Hi Guys, until detailed photos of the cap and tunic are available to view, all of this is academic. We will simply go round in circles. Unless anyone has any strong objections, I am of a mind to close this thread? If new info, in the form of photos comes forward, we can re-open it at a later date. Please PM me with any concerns.

I would like to re-extend a welcome to the new owner of the group to join the forum if he or she reads this or if anyone knows them?

Cheers, Ade.

greg koepp
    ?

ya you can close it, it's Bob's posting and I would think he'd back ya on that too.

greg

?

Well, as a last post then, all I can say is that if one of the visors was this one, it's a bloody shame we can't see photos of it. That's one seriously impressive hat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Otto Skorzeny Grouping Sold At Auction  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast