Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzer Uniform

Article about: Firstly Hello & Happy New Year, I am hoping you guys can help me out on this uniform It consists of the Cap, Wrapper jacket and breeches. I know these are very expensive and sort after,

?

I have seen better looking piles of horse manure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Uniform
    P
    Many

?

LOL ! Thanks Steve

?

Last edited by SAS24; 01-12-2016 at 11:21 AM.

?

Trust the Forum and the opinions of long time collectors before you listen to the guy trying to sell you something. A real SS wrap would sells for thousands of pounds. If this person had any knowledge about real items he wouldn't sell it for a few quid.

As a new collector you should research any item your thinking of buying. The hobby needs new collectors and blowing your money on fakes will kill your interest quickly.

Quote by SAS24 View Post
    That is some expensive SH!T
    Please do not feel that you have to emulate Steve's manner of posting, I assure you that is not the norm.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Buying militaria the wrong way can be incredibly frustrating, and when dealing with higher end items potentially disastrous. Luckily for me, my tastes run to the plain jane items of collecting, Landser items, and even then it can be frustrating...

Use your credit card, be ready to dispute a charge if it comes to that. Otherwise, in my experience that goes back twenty some years, it is extremely difficult to get any money back once it has changed hands, the seller of the disputed item will never admit that the items are bad, or be willing to take them back.
    Last edited by Larboard; 01-12-2016 at 02:34 AM.

?

Thanks Kirby I will certainly check here first in future and by a few quid I meant thousands so I will not let this go lightly. I know I should research and double check everything but I got caught in the moment.

Quote by SAS24 View Post
    Thanks Kirby I will certainly check here first in future and by a few quid I meant thousands so I will not let this go lightly. I know I should research and double check everything but I got caught in the moment.
    Yeah that is not good was it over £5k? all SS wraps sell for alto of money. here is one with no insinga Virtual Grenadier $18000
    i have a wrap the same as this so if you get offered wraps cheap you know there is going to be a problem as a true wrap collector knows how much they sell for.
    A dealer will not normally give you a cheap price and for sure not less then half of the market value.
    I was looking at a very nice wrap RzM Das Reich cuff nice insinga really nice was £15K around what it was worth he believed it to be real and turns out to be a really well made copy.
    As it was not textbook i passed your wraps need to be textbook if you are to buy one.

The Advice i got on here when i started was post everything before you buy and i did with my EK2s (i was so proud to show them off then) makes me laugh thinking of it

Quote by SAS24 View Post
    Thanks ironcross13 we're not talking hundreds here so it is important that I get a refund. It might seem naive of me to some, but I had total faith in this seller who is a regular at the militaria fairs and trusted his word as a relatively new collector.
    Never trust the word of a seller without first doing your homework. The absence of collar tabs is also a bad sign as there are not excellent reproductions of them. All of the points raised prior are legitimate This forum is recognized for the legitimacy and experience of the members opinions here. The seller should tender a refund to you. If not, please post his name here so other members can be warned.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Never trust the word of a seller without first doing your homework. The absence of collar tabs is also a bad sign as there are not excellent reproductions of them. All of the points raised prior are legitimate This forum is recognized for the legitimacy and experience of the members opinions here. The seller should tender a refund to you. If not, please post his name here so other members can be warned.
    Wise counsel from a man with almost sixty years of experience in the collection of NS regalia.
    And a figure with long and rich experience with Waffen SS items, as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast