Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Papa Eicke

Article about: Fantastic thread Woske. Advanced digital magnification analysis is a tool I have been using with the detailed study of both real and fake SS decals for the past 4 years and there are obvious

?

Default Re: Papa Eicke

Fantastic thread Woske. Advanced digital magnification analysis is a tool I have been using with the detailed study of both real and fake SS decals for the past 4 years and there are obvious fingerprints, ink lifting, construction and other minute details that the experienced detail trained eye can spot.

Dealers can and will make mistakes regardless of their experience and status. I like to believe we are all human and prone to err, honest errors of judgement are going to happen among the best and most trustworthy dealers. Quality information readily shared like this should be embraced than denied, it makes our hobby that much stronger.

Evidence of both points (detailed study of our areas of specialty and the myth of long time dealer infallibility) were proven in spades at the last SOS where I was able to give an in person analysis to an experienced but unbelieving top dealer of his SS helmet. The result, an inkjet fake, almost perfect but 200x magnification will undress them. This was also shown to a 40 year collector, his example of SS was a razor cut and painted fake. There was no disputing this and this collector now owns a magnification device (which doesn't come with expertise or the multitude of samples both real and fake that are needed.)

That all being said Robert's Eicke photo was not proven real or fake, just Woske's apparent expertise at autograph analysis was shown to be much more than mere empty statements and if I were buying an SS autographed item I would seek his expertise and opinion. It would have been great to have seen the autograph undergo a comprehensive analysis, my dealings with Robert he has been always the gentleman and even when 1 item did get by his experienced eye, he dealt with the matter as a true professional.

Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Papa Eicke
    P
    Many

Default Re: Papa Eicke

It would have been great to have seen the autograph undergo a comprehensive analysis, my dealings with Robert he has been always the gentleman and even when 1 item did get by his experienced eye, he dealt with the matter as a true professional.

Doug

Well...maybe he was just having a Reallll bad day the day he posted...? It happens,I guess... William

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9